Adding lights to an awesome commuting machine

JimDDD

Hi all-

I ride an ST1 Elite, which I purchased in June to help with my 26 mile RT somewhat hilly commute. I have many years of experience with a similar length commute, but my commute became much hillier when I recently changed jobs. The ST1 has proved to be ideal for me for both commuting and utility cycling. I simply cannot work all day and still ride those hills, day after day. With the ST1, I can continue my 9 year long streak of commuting and avoid the need for another car.

When I purchased the bike, I didn't get the city kit because the rear rack has a quite low maximum weight limit. I instead installed the biggest Wald rear basket (required a bit of modification) and fenders. OK, not very sporty but really really practical since I live in the city. With a really good lock and some theft insurance, the ST1 is an awesome urban assault vehicle. It's worked so well for me that we are ordering another ST1 so my wife can give commuting a try.

I've always just used battery powered lights and recharged every night, but now I'm already toting around a huge battery which I already charge every night. Does anyone know if the standard Supernova E3 Pro 2 Headlight (from Amazon, for example) has a wiring kit which is compatible with the ST1 wiring harness? Same question for the B+M Toplight Mini for the back. I will order and install them myself if I can. I'm not sure I want to be screwing with soldering on connectors.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Jim

I bought mine from a stormer dealer, plug and play. But, I'd try and get that super duper nova they are putting on their new st2-s.
If, it is a plug and play thing, of course. Some stormer dealers don't know oem lights are available without fender kit, but they are.
Also, on this site somewhere is a link to a euro dealer who has every part for sale-

Hi all-

I ride an ST1 Elite, which I purchased in June to help with my 26 mile RT somewhat hilly commute. I have many years of experience with a similar length commute, but my commute became much hillier when I recently changed jobs. The ST1 has proved to be ideal for me for both commuting and utility cycling. I simply cannot work all day and still ride those hills, day after day. With the ST1, I can continue my 9 year long streak of commuting and avoid the need for another car.

When I purchased the bike, I didn't get the city kit because the rear rack has a quite low maximum weight limit. I instead installed the biggest Wald rear basket (required a bit of modification) and fenders. OK, not very sporty but really really practical since I live in the city. With a really good lock and some theft insurance, the ST1 is an awesome urban assault vehicle. It's worked so well for me that we are ordering another ST1 so my wife can give commuting a try.

I've always just used battery powered lights and recharged every night, but now I'm already toting around a huge battery which I already charge every night. Does anyone know if the standard Supernova E3 Pro 2 Headlight (from Amazon, for example) has a wiring kit which is compatible with the ST1 wiring harness? Same question for the B+M Toplight Mini for the back. I will order and install them myself if I can. I'm not sure I want to be screwing with soldering on connectors.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Jim
I asked this question directly with SuperNova. They responded that the ST2S light is not compatible with the ST1 or ST2 due to different firmware that recognizes low beam/high beam. My understanding is that the light button on the ST2S is pushed once for low beam and again for high beam. Not sure if there will be a firmware upgrade to the ST1/2 that will allow compatibility. I am sure lots of Stromer owners are asking. I added a small 800 lumen Light and Motion light to the handlebar. It sits right next to the SuperNova light and helps to provide a deeper/wider dispersion pattern plus it has a strobe setting which helps me with my daily ride visibility.

Back