Adding a 2nd magnetic brake inhibitor

whitexkr

Glad to be a member of this forum. I am a relatively new e-bike convert and am really enjoying the newfound experience as a recreational rider after a long bike riding hiatus.

I have an Bionx S-350DV kit I installed on my upgraded 2009 Marin San Raphael Hybrid. I love the system, but being an engineer I cannot resist making a few tweaks here and there to improve the experience.

One simple improvement is to add a brake inhibitor switch to the second handbrake. It is a common complaint that Bionx omits this feature.

It is a simple plug and play. All you need is this adapter from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009B10WUM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Of course you also need a second brake inhibitor switch: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) and magnet: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Brake sensor installation is detailed here: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists) as item 6.

Note that this is only for the 'Standard' type brake inhibitor. If you use the optional 'Reversed' type, I do not believe it will work without modification. Check with your dealer if you are not sure which type you have.

Last edited:
Back