Add a luggage rack to Vado SL 5.0 (non eq)?

Yes, see page 28 of your instruction manual. Your LBS should be able to order the rack that is supplied with the EQ models.

i have done it but I had to get a different brand rack as the one from specialized that was meant for this bike had to have fenders attached

i have done it but I had to get a different brand rack as the one from specialized that was meant for this bike had to have fenders attached
Hi Jay...
What brand did you buy? Could you post a picture? I looked at pages of racks and it looks like none of them could easily tie to the fender mount point...

FB05821C-192D-4E8E-A246-1D7F3E92FEF0.jpeg
906207ED-0EFE-4A39-AB02-FE34C01F6C6F.jpeg

Attachments

• C3A5C12E-1050-469D-B688-C355E1D065B4.jpeg
    C3A5C12E-1050-469D-B688-C355E1D065B4.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 997
I am getting more adventurou, Is it possible to add a rack to the back of my Vado SL 5.0?
I am willing to send you the factory rack and fenders I took off my EQ model. I kept the taillight, but the rest is yours for shipping fees + a little beer money.

My LBS has a SL 5.0 in the color I want but it's not EQ. I do really want both fenders and a rack. What is involved in the tail-light changeover or is that even necessary? Any ideas on price to do this?

The thread below has some photos of another method to attach a generic rack and fenders. If you are using panniers you could leave the light on the seat. The seats on the EQ and non-EQ are the same but the light is on a bracket attached to the seat. The SL 5,0 SL EQ light is on the fender in a different package than the seat. I assume it can be ordered as a replacement part. The fender light wire just runs along the inside right edge of the fender and then in through to the bottom bracket in a typical manner. The Specialized fender has a channel for the wire but on other fenders I've used aluminum furnace tape (not duct tape) to hold the wire inside the fender and protect it.

https://electricbikereview.com/foru...view-of-the-vado-sl-after-a-months-use.39097/

The LBS should be able to see if there is Specialized kit for the fenders/rack on the Specialized dealer site.

Racks and fenders are easy. A Vado SL 5.0 in your size and color is hard. Hopefully it is at a LBS that you like and have had a good experience.

Back