Actual Range on ST1?

kevinkiller

I have an 2014 ST1 Platinum with a used "gold" 512Wh battery that's pretty used up after 3000 miles.

I'm going to buy a new "blue" 630Wh battery but it's like $1000 ...

Has anyone actually bought and used this battery on a ST1 28mph bike?

How much range do you actually get?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have an 2014 ST1 Platinum with a used "gold" 512Wh battery that's pretty used up after 3000 miles.

I'm going to buy a new "blue" 630Wh battery but it's link $1000 ...

Thanks.
Expect a proportional increase in range by 23% compared to the range of your first battery when it was new. If you used to have 30 miles on your first battery, the new and bigger battery will have 37 miles.

I also have a ST1 2014 model with a 522Wh battery. I sent it to a company that refurbishes batteries.
They replaced the 2900 mAh cells with new 3500 mAh cells to get a 630 Wh battery. This cost € 525.
This is in the Netherlands so the 21% VAT is included in this price. It should be cheaper in the US.
Capacity improvement is great.

I also have a ST1 2014 model with a 522Wh battery. I sent it to a company that refurbishes batteries.
They replaced the 2900 mAh cells with new 3500 mAh cells to get a 630 Wh battery. This cost € 525.
This is in the Netherlands so the 21% VAT is included in this price. It should be cheaper in the US.
Capacity improvement is great.

Thanks for this. There is a company here that does this as well but they want $750 and only provide a 1 year warranty. Getting the extra year warranty and Stromer support was worth the extra $250 to me.

How many actual miles/km do you get on this battery? What support level do you use to get it?

Personally I like to use "power" and get there in a hurry.

J.

I usually use eco mode, but the range is much influenced by the torque sensor sensitivity setting.
If I use a setting of 50, I get about 120 km / 75 miles. If I use the max setting of 90, I get about 100 km / 62 miles.
This is in the Netherlands (southern province of Limburg) where the landscape is fairly flat, but has some elevation changes.

Last edited:

Thanks.

Where did you find the new blue battery for $1,000? I've been thinking about getting one for the next battery on my ST1 Platinum.

Thanks.

I bought one (blue battery). I ride pretty fast, aggressively for a 63 year old. And I weigh 205. So between me, the bike, and often carrying a second battery in a pannier bag riding on fairly level terrain, I would figure getting 35-40 miles per charge. Might get more, but that would be a safe assumption. Whatever you do, don't damage it by letting it go under 10% of full charge.

Thanks.
The range of your 630 wh battery will largely depend on your average speed, besides other known factors like weight, rolling resistance, etc... And it will roughly look like the photo below.(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
http://www.electricbikesimulator.com/index,enmi.html
I am sure some people will dispute this but the rider's own effort contributes to the range. If the rider is very strong and has lots of endurance then the range will obviously be better than above.

Back