Actual range of the Mariner?

RiotGD

Hey everyone, I was pretty much set on selling my current bike and upgrading to the Mariner seeing as it has some safety features my current bike doesn't as well as a huge capacity battery and larger motor. On my current 250w bike with a 2ah battery (Yes 2ah/72wh) I can make it roughly 24km on the max pedal assist (However I'm definitely doing more work by the end of the ride) before my battery is empty.

Now I've seen some reviewers online and others that own the Mariner saying that they only get 30-35km before their battery is dead which wouldn't make it at all worth it, however I've also seen some people claim to go 35 MILES and have 1/4 to 1/2 of their battery left....

So understandably I'm a bit confused on what the actual range of this bike is and what to expect. Is this bike actually going to give me the range I'm looking for (At least 50km) or should I just buy a 10 or 20ah battery for my current bike since logic would dictate that a 20ah battery would be somewhere around ten times the capacity and range.

Some clarification would really help and I appreciate any replies!

Hi,
The Mariner has 9 levers of assistance, here it is most flat road with some hill. I use it at lever 2 or 3 and use the throttle to go up hill. My weight is 150 pounds. Last year I did the 66.5 Km in one day, I only take 1/3 of the battery. My battery is a 14.5 ah.
See my post for more info:

Hi,
The Mariner has 9 levers of assistance, here it is most flat road with some hill. I use it at lever 2 or 3 and use the throttle to go up hill. My weight is 150 pounds. Last year I did the 66.5 Km in one day, I only take 1/3 of the battery. My battery is a 14.5 ah.
See my post for more info:

Thank you so much for the reply! Roughly how fast do you go at PAS 2-3? Your reply and review have pretty much sold it for me, I'd be happy to be going 50km at least so to hear you could go so far on lower PAS levels is awesome. Also how long do you find it takes to charge? Again really appreciate the reply!

Hi RiotGD,

By pedaling in PAS 2-3, chaine gear is on 5, I have a speed of 15 to 20 km / h. I consume 40 to 60 watt hours of the battery, when I go up a hill with the throttle I consume 600 to 800 watt hours. I recharge the battery which has lost 1 or 2 bars, it may take me an hour or two to charge it, the charger push out 2 A/h. In winter I recharge it every two months. I just took it back in May and the battery keeps the same charge as last summer. For Canada, the engine speed is lock at 32 km / h I think. In one day I do around of 30 km. The 2020 Mariner have a bigger battery of 17.5 A/h, I have a 14.5 A/h.

To have great travel distance we must pedaling, if use only with the throttle will give low travel distance.
It is an electrically assisted bicycle, not an electric scooter.
You are welcome,

p.s.
I have change the tire when I got the bike, I think it help.
If you buy a bigger battery for your current bike, yes you will go more far whit your current bike.

Last edited:
Hi RiotGD,

By pedaling in PAS 2-3, chaine gear is on 5, I have a speed of 15 to 20 km / h. I consume 40 to 60 watt hours of the battery, when I go up a hill with the throttle I consume 600 to 800 watt hours. I recharge the battery which has lost 1 or 2 bars, it may take me an hour or two to charge it, the charger push out 2 A/h. In winter I recharge it every two months. I just took it back in May and the battery keeps the same charge as last summer. For Canada, the engine speed is lock at 32 km / h I think. In one day I do around of 30 km. The 2020 Mariner have a bigger battery of 17.5 A/h, I have a 14.5 A/h.

To have great travel distance we must pedaling, if use only with the throttle will give low travel distance.
It is an electrically assisted bicycle, not an electric scooter.
You are welcome,

p.s.
I have change the tire when I got the bike, I think it help.
If you buy a bigger battery for your current bike, yes you will go more far whit your current bike.

Wow that's pretty fast considering I can only go 23-25km/h on my current max PAS level and it takes my old 2ah nickel cells take 8 hours to charge! I absolutely agree that consistent pedaling is key, I'd barely break 12km on throttle alone, and could probably go a little above 25km when pedaling the entire time. It's not like it's too much work either!
I'm curious how you upgraded your tires as well, it looks like they're street/city tires?

Mariner use Lithium battery, yes my tires are for street/city, I find them on eBay, a bike store could ordre them also.

Back