A Newbie from Northern Cali

Rogie

Hello I'm a new member and new to the E-bike world. I have been interested with e-bikes for over a year now and believe ready to purchase my first ever E-bike. I have been reading alot of reviews and watching YouTube videos. With so much selection out there I'm quite overwhelmed. I'm looking for a bike that I can ride recreationally on & off road and possibly a short commuter (10-15 miles) with a sticker price of no more than 2.5k. I somewhat narrowed down my selections to 3 bikes; Dost Kope, Rad Rover, & Nikeera Prime (purely aesthetics). I'm about 5'-11" & 230lbs.

Any recommendations/suggestions are welcome.

Thank you,

Welcome to EBR.

The Ebikes you selected are optimized for different tasks.

Take a look at the Best Bikes of 2020 to find the category you are interested in... once you narrow it down, there are 3 price levels in each category.

Best Electric Bikes of 2020

Looking for the best electric bikes of 2020? As of today, we have reviewed 1053 electric bicycles. EBR conducts the industry’s most complete and objective reviews.
Reviewing electric bikes is all we do. Since 2012, we have helped millions of people find and choose the best ebike for their needs and budget.
Table of Contents:

Welcome to EBR.

The Ebikes you selected are optimized for different tasks.

Take a look at the Best Bikes of 2020 to find the category you are interested in... once you narrow it down, there are 3 price levels in each category.

Best Electric Bikes of 2020

Looking for the best electric bikes of 2020? As of today, we have reviewed 1053 electric bicycles. EBR conducts the industry’s most complete and objective reviews.
Reviewing electric bikes is all we do. Since 2012, we have helped millions of people find and choose the best ebike for their needs and budget.
Table of Contents:
Thank you for that info. What are your experiences with Hub and Mid drive motors? Do you prefer 1 from the other? Which motor is easier to maintain in your opinion?

Rogue, are you able to test ride in your area? Even if you are committed to online purchase, some test rides will help you get a feel for certain features.
Welcome to ebikes!

Rogue, are you able to test ride in your area? Even if you are committed to online purchase, some test rides will help you get a feel for certain features.
Welcome to ebikes!
I'm trying to schedule a test ride from a local bike shop here in SF but I'm on a waiting list due to Covid19

Thank you for that info. What are your experiences with Hub and Mid drive motors? Do you prefer 1 from the other? Which motor is easier to maintain in your opinion?

Glad to help.

I am an advocate for mid-drives, however, hub drives are good for realativly flat commutes. Since you live in SF, I would recommend a mid-drive motor.

Based on your intial selections... take a look at the current new and demo Ebikes on CL and the Bicycle Blue Book if you want a mid-drive under $2,500. ;)

Back