A new Stromer coming? (not the ST2 btw)...

Shea N Encinitas

I just saw a FB post where they are lighting a 'new Stromer',.. lots of bounce cards and strobes but the bike is not shown yet. Could this be a Full Suspension ST2? ST1.1 with upgraded battery and motor/controller? Guess we'll have to wait for now. -S

hoping for the old folks version of the ST1, 48 volts, little lighter, cell phone charging, higher level fork and components(easier for carpal or arthritic hand), serious (premium) service, 1 step smaller tires that fit standard openings in all parking racks , car racks, and bus racks. studier rack for panniers, non-tacky chain cover...i will think of more probably

Do you guys think this will be available anytime soon for someone like me here in the US? I'm currently preparing to purchase either an ST1 or ST2, but if there is something new coming out...

if brief history is our guide it will take 2-3 years from now to be able to buy the new Stromer.

Do you guys think this will be available anytime soon for someone like me here in the US? I'm currently preparing to purchase either an ST1 or ST2, but if there is something new coming out...
Stromer, owned by BMC has headquarters in San Diego but it is hard to say what production timelines will look like. The ST2's cellular tech was the biggest holdup for that model. BTW - Some folks got free 2nd batteries or city kits when the ST2 was announced and then again when they actually became available. -S

Operator7 - maybe I've been too harsh. :) I checked past posts on when ST2 started to be rumored and then unveiled and finally available to pick up in this country and I have to say 1-2 years instead of 2-3 years. :)

I should have waited.....
20122_10153105244001760_2584296139899339560_n.jpg

Yeah, that's it, thanks!

Personally, I would prefer a transfer of the ST2 motor into the ST1. This would solve the two major issues: cassette (axle) and motor overheat. But this demands new construction of the rear end. And handover to 48V.

"Fluff!!" IMHO. I want just the opposite . My bike lives dirty and used. I need the motor and battery from the st2 at a price I can afford.

This is the the Platinum motor with the Elite gearing. Upgrade or downgrade?

Now, the Stromer ST1 Limited Edition is officially launched:

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Back