A little extra light on the Turbo

Ron Bez

12.jpg
11.jpg

I posted this last night and it seemed to have disappear, sorry if your'e seeing it twice.

I love the Supernova light, but find it lights up where you are headed but not much right around the front of the bike. This is a problem when negotiating tight turns in complete darkness. The little light I added lights things up right around the front of the bike creating a very soft flood of light. It fits nicely right on the Supernova bracket, although I am thinking of getting a second one and putting them on both sides of the bars pointing down for even a little more soft close lighting. Nice little lights! Here is a link.
http://www.amazon.com/AMAZING162-Rechargable-Lumens-Front-Light/dp/B015FH689O

Thanks Ron, Those lights look nice. The Super Nova looks like the one my St2 has. Did you see video of Specialized Headquarters tour given to Court? Great place.

My Pedallons arrived and are mounted and waiting for their road test if this rain would just let up. I placed one on each side of the Super Nova, on the handlebar, vertically. I lit them up in the garage and can already tell it will be an over all wider span of light. Looks like the u.s.b. charging port on the St2 headstock will come in handy. Thanks Ron, and great value! I'd post a pic. but still learning how to. I'll update later after roadtest.

Awesome, let me know what you think. I'm going to get a second one and do the same. I've been using mine as a work light too, easy to get in tight spaces. Great soft bright light source.
Safe riding!

Update on Pedallon lights. Just like you said Ron they illuminate the area down around the tire and sides. They make the Super Nova look like the New M-99, from the front, not near the brightness of the M-99 though. With the LEDs on the headstock, super nova,and Pedallons on each side, makes quite a sight . Gives me alot more confidence now, no way you can miss seeing me coming with this setup. Thanks Ron for such a great light find.

Glad they are working well for you Dave! Iv'e bee using the fast flashing mode on mine while ride at dusk. My wife passed me in her car last night and said I was very visible without being too obnoxious. I have had complaints form pedestrians at night, even with just the Supernova E3, especially the homeless on the river trail. There are no streetlights around here, so I guess it's pretty blinding in the pitch black darkness. I tip the light way down on the trails and slow down quite a bit. I had a waisted guy try to confront me, I had to stop really quick to avoid hitting him. All part of the fun of riding.......

Wanted to share some new lights I discovered. Not inexspensive , but if you ever wondered what those lights were that rider had on the rear that you could see for blocks ahead of you. Well my search is over . Serfas.com ( UTL-6 Thunder Bolt Tail Light) is their name safety is their game. OMG these have viz. 1 mile! Much brighter than the GUEE's I had been using ,and only $ 5 more. Now just waiting on my turn-signals ( wing lights) to arrive. I'll update after awhile of use. Thanks to whoever it was that posted about them. Super Cool!

Last edited:
I just purchased the Serfas UTL-6 Thunder Bolt Tail light at REI. Since I use a bar bag, I have a bare seat post, so I put it on the seat post. BRIGHT, BRIGHT, BRIGHT and it flashes.

Back