E5 error

Donny

I know this forum isn't too terribly active, but has anyone received an E5 error on their bikes? I talked to someone today who has a Trace and he's getting that error. Apparently he was told to try putting dielectric grease on the main junction cable that connects/disconnects the motor from the rest of the bike and to see if that fixed it.

Anyone had this same error and if so, what did you do to correct it?

I know this forum isn't too terribly active, but has anyone received an E5 error on their bikes?

Possibly if the same error code is used by other ebike battery manufacturers, it could be due to a disconnection. And if your headlight is powered by the battery, also check that. Encountered this error code when I briefly had the Pedego Latch folding bike. Though I reconnected the LCD display, the headlight connection was also disconnected and prevented power turning on til I realized and fixed that.

I know this forum isn't too terribly active, but has anyone received an E5 error on their bikes? I talked to someone today who has a Trace and he's getting that error. Apparently he was told to try putting dielectric grease on the main junction cable that connects/disconnects the motor from the rest of the bike and to see if that fixed it.

Isn't E5 the error code for when you're pedaling during the torque sensor's initialization process? If so, all you'd need to do is hop off the bike, turn the bike off, then on again, and wait for the screen to finish its countdown before hopping on again. I've seen the E5 error on an IZIP E3 Dash, which is a sibling of the Diamondback Trace (and IZIP and Diamondback are owned by the same company).

The problem he is having is that the electrical systems entirely shut down after getting the error (i.e. motor, computer, etc.). He said he'll ride it for a few minutes/miles, get the error, and then the bike shuts down. All tech support suggested is that he take the battery off first, disconnect the connection, apply the grease, re-connect the connection, and then re-install the battery. All of the cables have been checked and there are no other connections issues, frayed wires, etc. Tech support also said to check the rubber boot in the front of the frame as water has been known to get in there, but that checked out as well. There is no external power draw (i.e. lights) in this case that could be causing the problem.

Looks like the bike is back in my shop, so I'm assuming the dialectic grease "fix" didn't work. Still looking for feedback if anyone knows more about this.

Back