8.4v 18650 2s2p battery pack failure

Freshblood

Hi

I have a 18650 8.4v 2s2p battery pack. It is fully charged at puts out 8.4v but it does not appear to give enough amps to light the leds. Could a battery fail in that way? Battery pack still rather new. Leds are in working order. Was working last winter but for some reason not this one.
Any advice?

My advice is to cross fingers and buy another one. Well, if it is like mine, they are cheap (around 8 dollars?), and are not very trustworthy.

I had a 2S-2P stop working like that and when I pulled it out of the fabric case, I found the two yellow cells weren't even connected. Probably fake cells. They had no voltage. The blue ones were dead too.

You could put a meter across the pack output and see if it holds 9.4 8.4 volts when connected to your light.

Attachments

• P1540094.JPG
    P1540094.JPG
    273.4 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
Hi

I have a 18650 8.4v 2s2p battery pack. It is fully charged at puts out 8.4v but it does not appear to give enough amps to light the leds. Could a battery fail in that way? Battery pack still rather new. Leds are in working order. Was working last winter but for some reason not this one.
Any advice?
You’ve confirmed the output with a multimeter?

Back