Riide e-bike not charging

kmcnab1s

Region
USA
Hi All,
First-time e-bike owner here. I picked up a Riide e-bike which had its charger go missing and proceeded to sit in storage for years. I've since acquired an original charger for it, however when I plug it in I get the green "standby" light and the battery doesn't charge. Not knowing much about e-bikes, my hypothesis is that the battery needs replacing. Does this seem like the best course of action, or is there something else I should be considering?
Thanks!

Lithium ion batteries that sit unused for years, lose the mobility of the ions. Green light on the charger indicates the battery is at full charge. But it will not run the motor. A gradual discharge, like the headlight, down to 75% or less, then another recharge, can reactivate a battery.
I just activated a cell phone that had been in the box for 3 years. I charged it up then turned it on. It would show screens and update the software, but when I tried to make a call, it said "sorry" and turned itself off. I left it turned on all 4 days I was at the summer camp. then brought it home to the charger. It was at 77% when I recharged it. Now it works fine.

Thanks. The throttle is unresponsive with the current situation. I'm afraid there's no accessories to run down the battery, assuming that it is in fact fully charged.

The charger's green light only means it's not charging the battery. It does that when (a) the battery is fully charged or (b) the battery will not take a charge,

An ebike battery has internal circuits that prevent you from recharging the battery if the internal cells are too low, That's going to happen to any battery sitting around for 5 years, This is for fire safety. Bypassing these circuits is possible, but risky, and I don't advise it.

I hope replacement packs are still available, Riide seems to have been a good quality bike,

Thanks, my plan was to replace the old battery with a generic battery that matches the specs of the original. I assume this should work, correct? Any other feedback?

Back