Yamaha YDX-Moro 07 Special Edition for $1600

Ken Shopken

Region
USA
Okay.. I just bought a new Yamaha YDX-Moro 07 Special Edition .. I viewed this model a while back and it was $6499 so I dismissed it as not interesting enough to replace my ToSeven converted enduro bike..

A friend that happened to load one in the sales cart found that the recent offered discounts brought it down to $1600 including an extra battery and an extended 5 year warranty on major components and batteries. He bought 2 bikes and sent us a link.

2 more friends bought them as well and my son is thinking about buying 2 of them, after he checks out the one that I am getting.

It looks like Yamaha wanted to move some inventory..

I will post some pics and thoughts later after I pick it up and ride it for a bit.

Okay.. I just bought a new Yamaha YDX-Moro 07 Special Edition .. I viewed this model a while back and it was $6499 so I dismissed it as not interesting enough to replace my ToSeven converted enduro bike..

A friend that happened to load one in the sales cart found that the recent offered discounts brought it down to $1600 including an extra battery and an extended 5 year warranty on major components and batteries. He bought 2 bikes and sent us a link.

2 more friends bought them as well and my son is thinking about buying 2 of them, after he checks out the one that I am getting.

It looks like Yamaha wanted to move some inventory..

I will post some pics and thoughts later after I pick it up and ride it for a bit.

Does this bike have a battery you can remove? Could not find anything on it

Does this bike have a battery you can remove? Could not find anything on it
yes battery is removable on the YDX Moro's. 500wh. Current deal gets you 2 x 500wh batteries.

yes battery is removable on the YDX Moro's. 500wh. Current deal gets you 2 x 500wh batteries.

Thanks, my zip code doesn’t show the extra battery

So my son called Water World Yamaha of Medford this morning, and talked to the manager on the orders, He said that they could not believe the price either and thought that someone hacked Yamaha's website, until they called to confirmed it. He also said that Yamaha gave them no warning about the promotion.

The manager said that other than our groups orders, that another local guy has ordered 14 of them! Water World is also ordering in a bunch of them for their own inventory as well.

We can expect delivery pickup notices in 1-2 weeks.

I'm not getting that price at all. I live in CT, and when I add it to my cart the total, with tax is $2839. Is there a promo code you entered?

I'm not getting that price at all. I live in CT, and when I add it to my cart the total, with tax is $2839. Is there a promo code you entered?
No entered code, but the discounts were applied when the item is added to the cart and in the final total for payment. Listed cost with the discount applied was about what you have posted... (and then reduced at payment)

The Medford OR dealer *Water World raised their price, and now tacks on a $350 "servicing fee". Total scumbag move. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up cancelling all existing orders.

Can't be delivered to NY... I'm guessing the battery doesn't carry a UL label.
CT dealer has the discounted price at $2600 + $115 Assembly/ Recycle fee + tax
Still not a bad deal but for a bike I don't need, I'll pass.
Under 2k.. I'd do it just because I stupid like that.

Powersport dealerships often add fees where they feel they can - they have to pay the bills like everyone else. They probably sense the opportunity due to recent sudden demand as indicated in this thread. I was somewhat interested because with the rebate and extra battery Yamaha bikes seem to be an incredible deal but I don't need another bike.

Can't be delivered to NY... I'm guessing the battery doesn't carry a UL label.
CT dealer has the discounted price at $2600 + $115 Assembly/ Recycle fee + tax
Still not a bad deal but for a bike I don't need, I'll pass.
Under 2k.. I'd do it just because I stupid like that.
I was very motivated by the deal.. and didn't really need the bike either.. but as the price creeps upward the lure looses some shinny in proportion..

My local GasGas dealer has the GASGAS ENDURO 1.0 E-MTB on sale for $2500. Not sure how they compare to the Yamaha, and you do get the extra free battery with the Yammy.

@Ken Shopken Let us know if you get the bike and how you like it!

My local GasGas dealer has the GASGAS ENDURO 1.0 E-MTB on sale for $2500. Not sure how they compare to the Yamaha, and you do get the extra free battery with the Yammy.

@Ken Shopken Let us know if you get the bike and how you like it!
My oldest son and his wife will also have theirs on the place, as well as a handful of friends that bought them. We should get a pretty good idea of the pros and cons pretty soon.

I will do a few posts on them for sure.

I was reading about the KTM / GasGas bikes a while back. Seemed like pretty neat machines.

Back