Need help with controller

canadmin

Region
Canada
My BPM Imports etrike died suddenly about a week ago. With the help of LarryS , we concluded that the controller was at fault. I received one from Amazon and I'm not sure I ordered the right one. I need guidance on the specs for a replacement controller. I've attached a photo of the one I received from Amazon and the original one. The specs on the label of the two don't match up. Do I have to match voltage and amps exactly? The old one says current - 9A. The new one says current -22A. They are both 500 watts. Old one has 15 connectors. New one has 13. I don't see a controller on Amazon that has 15 connectors. I found one that was very close but one of the new connectors was a square with six wires whereas the old was a flat six wires. Same colors though. Is it possible that BPM has a different connector to force people to buy theirs and only theirs? I think the connector could be replaced on the new controller to fit??? The only one I've found that would fit exactly is on the BPM website and its very expensive and it looks like they don't deliver to Canada anyway. Can anyone tell me exactly what I have to look for or where I can find a new controller? Thanks for your help.

NewOne.jpg
OldOne.png

Last edited:
I checked out a couple of the controllers on the BPM site. They are KT controllers at quite a mark up. The plugs they have are JST connectors and are very common. I prefer the JST connector as you can depin the wires and slot them properly if needed. I had to swap the ground and signal wire for my throttle when I replaced my controller.

You have to buy a KT controller to work with your KT display. I've bought this one more than a few times. Have bought a lot of stuff with this guy over the years, three motors, many controllers.

Thanks harryS. Controller has been ordered.

I checked out a couple of the controllers on the BPM site. They are KT controllers at quite a mark up. The plugs they have are JST connectors and are very common. I prefer the JST connector as you can depin the wires and slot them properly if needed. I had to swap the ground and signal wire for my throttle when I replaced my controller.
Thanks for the info Slaphappygamer.

Back