27 LB Ride1UP CF Racer1

Cuz Vinny

IMG_1725.jpeg

Got one of these bad boys on order. RIDE1UP CF Racer1. $2500.00 shipped to my door (thanks sales tax). I got the road version of the bike. It’s basically the same as the gravel version except the cassette, wheels, tires and handlebars are geared more for the road vs gravel. The road version weighs 27lbs vs 28lbs for the gravel. Both bikes use the Sram Rival 1 group and have a 250w/500w peak motor with a small 36V 7ah battery. This isn’t your typical big motor big battery Ebike so it’s definitely not for everyone. I plan to ride this bike with no assist until it’s needed which will maximize my range. Range is 16 to 40 miles as quoted by R1P. Assist cuts out at 28 mph. I’ve watched and read many reviews on this bike and the weight and range estimates are pretty spot on.

I bough this bike because I wanted a bike that doesn’t look like an ebike and can fly under the radar. My two current e-bikes, a Luna Buzzraw X and Vintage Electric Scrambler stick out like a sore thumb and attract too much attention. Plus each bike weighs north of 60lbs so transporting them around isn’t very fun. This bike is very stealthy and very light so putting it in the back of the car will be a breeze. Even though it has a low power motor the light weight will make it peppy enough for what I want. The black color is a flip flop color so it changes hues depending on how the light hits it. Pretty cool. Just need to wait for it to be shipped now. Hopefully the weather gets nicer so I can ride it when it arrives.

I'm interested in this bike. Hopefully, you'll give us a review after you've put some miles on the bike.
Absolutely! I have a Brooks saddle and some pedals to put on it when it gets here. I’m going to ride it as is for a while and put some miles on it before making any changes. I’m taking a big chance with this bike as I’m used to the big powered bikes having a Luna powered Buzzraw X, 72v Vintage Scrambler and the two 2500w Watt Wagons bikes. They can climb steep hills with little or no effort from myself. This bike will still get up steep hills but I’m going to have to put out some effort in combination with the motor. It’s what I want but will still be a shock to the system and not what I’m used to.

Last edited:
I'll be interested to see if you miss the torque sensor.
Probably not. I know it’s a deal breaker for some that this bike doesn’t have a torque sensor. Doesn’t bother me.

On a side note I purchased a SRAM NX 12 speed cassette, derailleur, and chain for the bike. I have a spare Archer D1X electric shift kit that I’ll be using to control it all. You can get a kit that converts the Rival 1 Double tap shifters to work with the NX stuff but the D1X is much easier. This will change the gearing on the bike from 11-36 to 11-50 which will be a huge difference in climbing ability.

Go here for unboxing and first impressions

Probably not. I know it’s a deal breaker for some that this bike doesn’t have a torque sensor. Doesn’t bother me.

On a side note I purchased a SRAM NX 12 speed cassette, derailleur, and chain for the bike. I have a spare Archer D1X electric shift kit that I’ll be using to control it all. You can get a kit that converts the Rival 1 Double tap shifters to work with the NX stuff but the D1X is much easier. This will change the gearing on the bike from 11-36 to 11-50 which will be a huge difference in climbing ability.

Nice. Reminds me of this. A more affordable alternative.

Nice. Reminds me of this. A more affordable alternative.
Very similar except Luna’s bike is a flat bar and has a mid drive motor. I’d actually prefer a flat bar setup but it’s not available on the CF Racer1. Might be a future project of mine.

Back