Trek Allant+ 8s $1000 off on sale in the US

Sefutau2020

Region
USA
City
Northern VA
What's going on with Trek.....seems like a fire sale on some models. Are they moving product, or is this a sign of the times....too much inventory with Covid-19?

What's going on with Trek.....seems like a fire sale on some models. Are they moving product, or is this a sign of the times....too much inventory with Covid-19?
Don't you think is the older (non Smart System) model?

1709558232558.png

The older app...

A relatively new user in these Fora had ordered a Riese & Muller e-bike and later got disappointed to find out the model he got was the older Bosch system...

There is nothing going on at Trek that isn’t happening with virtually every bike manufacturer. They are overstocked. You can find news articles re: this issue with minimal searches.

FYI, I purchased an 8s and have passed 1K miles. Great bike, although I had Trek add $1K of mods before I picked it up. Most important was replacing the ridiculous Smartphone adapter with a Kiox ver. 2.

I have purchased 7 Treks in the past few years. All very good bikes.

There is nothing going on at Trek that isn’t happening with virtually every bike manufacturer. They are overstocked.
I do not think Specialized is overstocked. Check the brand website and try finding an e-bike you would like to buy online...

There is nothing going on at Trek that isn’t happening with virtually every bike manufacturer.

Trek did announce the other day that they won't be producing as many models. They didn't say what would be cut, but my money's on the less profitable bikes. They have cut the Powerfly fleet back to just one model.

Trek did announce the other day that they won't be producing as many models. They didn't say what would be cut, but my money's on the less profitable bikes. They have cut the Powerfly fleet back to just one model.
Following a good business plan. Larger companies will handle the current economy different than a medium or small manufacture. I would definitely trim my offerings if I had reason to believe current and future customers would shift to a different model offering. I'm a Specialized and Trek fan but also think they have to many offerings. Fortunately you can move group sets from one bike to another. Basically they will be eliminate frames not bikes.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm a little floored by the number of bikes offered by Trek and other leading retailers. I mean, it's not a bad thing by any stretch - at least for consumers, but one wonders how it's sustainable. Apparently it's not :)

The level of innovation that's happened in the industry in the last decade is kinda nutty though. A bit of a slowdown wouldn't hurt my feelings any. No human can keep up with it all anymore. Again, not a bad thing :)

Yeah, I'm a little floored by the number of bikes offered by Trek and other leading retailers. I mean, it's not a bad thing by any stretch - at least for consumers, but one wonders how it's sustainable. Apparently it's not :)

The level of innovation that's happened in the industry in the last decade is kinda nutty though. A bit of a slowdown wouldn't hurt my feelings any. No human can keep up with it all anymore. Again, not a bad thing :)
rob: Noticed you are in the Denver area, How'd you do with all the snow. We had close to 2 feet here. The day before yesterday I had a nice ride in 50"s.

Close to 2 feet all in. Followed immediately by chinook winds (still blowing hard). With any luck we'll have most of this out of here by Monday.

Back