Rear wheel spokes

rickyboy

Region
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm looking for a supplier of spare spokes for my Orbea Gain M30 carbon.
I have the part numbers from Fulcrum but can't find anyone who is able to supply.
Any options would be appreciated
Rear L RER900EBM-020
Rear R RER900EBM-019

Hi all, I'm looking for a supplier of spare spokes for my Orbea Gain M30 carbon.
I have the part numbers from Fulcrum but can't find anyone who is able to supply.
Any options would be appreciated
Rear L RER900EBM-020
Rear R RER900EBM-019
why do you need spare spokes? if the wheels are maintained well your not going ot need them. if one breaks then your wheel should be really worked over and more. then one the wheel needs rebuilt. most good shops can replace a spoke.

why do you need spare spokes? if the wheels are maintained well your not going ot need them. if one breaks then your wheel should be really worked over and more. then one the wheel needs rebuilt. most good shops can replace a spoke.
What planet do you live on?
I've replaced a spoke and riden the wheel for thousands of miles afterwards with it staying true and without further issue.

Because I'm planning a bike tour in France and just want to be covered for all simple fix technicals

In that case, you need to call around shops to find ones that’ll make spokes for you. Sometimes the set up for the particular size you need may involve an initial cost.

Usually something like this has to be cut individually to the needed length. Those part numbers are frankly meaningless, but since Google is my friend, and it indexed them, I was able to find the parts sheet, which tells me:

RER900EBM-019 compl. spoke E-R900EBM rear RH 259,5 mm (4 pc.)
RER900EBM-020 compl. spoke E-R900EBM rear LH 260,5 mm (4 pc.)

Now you have something useful. You need two different spoke lengths. One is 259.5mm and the other is 260.5mm. You'll need to figure out the gauge of the spoke. 2.0mm? 2.2mm? 1.8mm? Good calipers will tell you that, and since its an emergency repair I would not be so concerned about butting. Take the measurements up near the elbow where the spoke has to pass thru the hub, and near the nipple. Speaking of which, don't forget to buy spare matching nipples. A close match is not necessary. Just get the same length. They're pretty standard in sizes, and don't get fancy unless you need to.

I'm assuming your spokes are not straight-pull, but even if they are, you can buy them on the open market.

I've had an awful lot of custom spokes cut and I have never seen a tolerance that goes down to a half-millimeter. And for spokes that are only one millimeter apart, you can probably just do a single 260mm length and be fine on both sides. An extra half-millimeter can, at worst, be easily (EASILY) dealt with by a second layer/snip of rim tape. I'm thinking the good old-school white Velox stuff, not the elastic band stuff that is in use on cheaper rims oftentimes. But with a discrepancy of just 0,5mm that is hardly likely to need anything to compensate for a spoke sitting one thread proud in the nipple.

Since you will be in France, probably you want to look at DT Swiss or Sapim spokes. Thats what the bike shops will have in stock more than likely in case you need to roll it in for bigger wheel repairs. Here in the USA its hard to find a bike shop that doesn't have a few DT Champs laying around. But it IS often difficult to find a shop that has a spoke cutter.

Usually something like this has to be cut individually to the needed length. Those part numbers are frankly meaningless, but since Google is my friend, and it indexed them, I was able to find the parts sheet, which tells me:

RER900EBM-019 compl. spoke E-R900EBM rear RH 259,5 mm (4 pc.)
RER900EBM-020 compl. spoke E-R900EBM rear LH 260,5 mm (4 pc.)

Now you have something useful. You need two different spoke lengths. One is 259.5mm and the other is 260.5mm. You'll need to figure out the gauge of the spoke. 2.0mm? 2.2mm? 1.8mm? Good calipers will tell you that, and since its an emergency repair I would not be so concerned about butting. Take the measurements up near the elbow where the spoke has to pass thru the hub, and near the nipple. Speaking of which, don't forget to buy spare matching nipples. A close match is not necessary. Just get the same length. They're pretty standard in sizes, and don't get fancy unless you need to.

I'm assuming your spokes are not straight-pull, but even if they are, you can buy them on the open market.

I've had an awful lot of custom spokes cut and I have never seen a tolerance that goes down to a half-millimeter. And for spokes that are only one millimeter apart, you can probably just do a single 260mm length and be fine on both sides. An extra half-millimeter can, at worst, be easily (EASILY) dealt with by a second layer/snip of rim tape. I'm thinking the good old-school white Velox stuff, not the elastic band stuff that is in use on cheaper rims oftentimes. But with a discrepancy of just 0,5mm that is hardly likely to need anything to compensate for a spoke sitting one thread proud in the nipple.

Since you will be in France, probably you want to look at DT Swiss or Sapim spokes. Thats what the bike shops will have in stock more than likely in case you need to roll it in for bigger wheel repairs. Here in the USA its hard to find a bike shop that doesn't have a few DT Champs laying around. But it IS often difficult to find a shop that has a spoke cutter.
Thanks very much

Back