Creo 2 Carbon Cranks

Dazmanturbo

I purchased the Creo 2 Carbon Comp and this came with alloy cranks. On the Creo 1, the weight difference in the cranks was fairly minimal between alloy and carbon and I was expecting the same of the SRAM Dub cranks on the Creo 2. However, I found that the alloy SRAM cranks and weighty numbers at 260g a side. I priced up the SRAM carbon cranks and these are expensive. I found a set for £525 (but have seen then cheaper in USA at around $300.

However, I have found a extremely cheap way to get carbon cranks on the Creo 2 and save 200g. The SRAM BB30 cranks and the same interface as SRAM Dub. I picked up a set of SRAM Force Carbon cranks for £50, removed the spindle and they fit just fine. The only down side is the left side does not have a self extracting bolt, but how often do you take the left crank off?

So look at BB30 cranks with a bolt on spindle and make a big saving over the SRAM Dub ones and nice weight drop to.

that's interesting, so specialized changed the crank interface from the old to new SL motors? they were praxis M30 before, not BB30. or are you saying the actual crank arm to crank shaft interface of M30 is the same as BB30? didn't think it was!

that's interesting, so specialized changed the crank interface from the old to new SL motors? they were praxis M30 before, not BB30. or are you saying the actual crank arm to crank shaft interface of M30 is the same as BB30? didn't think it was!
Yea, SRAM BB30 and Dub has the same interface, even the bolts fit. This only applies to the Creo 2 SL 1.2, as the SL 1.1 is M30 and has different splines. Other than Praxis, was difficult to find other arms for the SL 1.1

Let the Force be with me and I did not have to Force this on. On BB30 crank on the Creo 2 Dub

Attachments

• 0G6A7132.JPG
    0G6A7132.JPG
    282.3 KB · Views: 89
hiii. New here. I’m actually looking to do the same thing once my Creo 2 comes in! I have a few questions for clarity purposes.

For the force / dub crank arms you mentioned are you using two left cranks or does the force ones you have have bolts on both sides?

I was wondering if the sram red axs cranks would work. It seems like the red axs left doesn’t come undone.

My other question is those force cranks have the little direct mount bolts thing sticking out on the right arm. That doesn’t get in the way for installing?

Thank for any help/advice you can offer!

— Stephanie

hiii. New here. I’m actually looking to do the same thing once my Creo 2 comes in! I have a few questions for clarity purposes.

For the force / dub crank arms you mentioned are you using two left cranks or does the force ones you have have bolts on both sides?

I was wondering if the sram red axs cranks would work. It seems like the red axs left doesn’t come undone.

My other question is those force cranks have the little direct mount bolts thing sticking out on the right arm. That doesn’t get in the way for installing?

Thank for any help/advice you can offer!

— Stephanie
The cranks is used are left and right, otherwise the pedal would not fit. The SRAM BB30 cranks, it is possible to remove the spindle completely and this leave two arms. I looked specifically for a crank thank had a bolt in each sire. On the BB30 cranks, it states do not remove, but this is fine to take the spindle out. It does take a few love taps from a mallet on the loosened bolt for the axle to com free.

The SRAM BB30 and DUB share the same interface, the 8 pointed wavy star and basically you need to end up with two arms with the same interface. The only down side is that the left side will not be self extracting, but on my Creo 1, I never needed to remove this anyhow.

SRAM do have a massive selection of cranks and you are looking specifically for ones which the spider can be removed (3 or 8 bolt) and a bolt in the left side, meaning the spindle can be removed, also with the BB£) / DUB interface. I am looking out for shorter set and have seen a few on UK ebay, but not as cheap as I got them

Did this require any heroics to get the left arm off the spindle?
It take a fair whack from a rubber mallet. Back the bolt out a touch as it is this you are hitting to knock the spindle out. It does seem scary, but done 3 of them now and all have worked fine

Back