DŌST as common thieves?

RobMontanez

Region
USA
I've owned one of their bikes for 3 years and have generally been happy with the original purchase. What I can't believe is that the Dost website is still taking orders after all the criminal behavior they've exhibited recently with so many folks. No communication or good-faith attempt to rectify things with paying customers at all. They owe me money on a down payment for a second bike.

I'm always careful about passing judgement and like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but it's plainly obvious these guys have turned out to be common thieves and downright crooked.

MNP Ltd. was appointed as the Interim Receiver for Dost Bikes after a court order. Looks like Royal Bank of Canada is owed money as well as part of bankruptcy proceedings.

Attachments

• Interim Receivership Order.pdf
    628.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I've owned one of their bikes for 3 years and have generally been happy with the original purchase. What I can't believe is that the Dost website is still taking orders after all the criminal behavior they've exhibited recently with so many folks. No communication or good-faith attempt to rectify things with paying customers at all. They owe me money on a down payment for a second bike.

I'm always careful about passing judgement and like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but it's plainly obvious these guys have turned out to be common thieves and downright crooked.

MNP Ltd. was appointed as the Interim Receiver for Dost Bikes after a court order. Looks like Royal Bank of Canada is owed money as well as part of bankruptcy proceedings.

Sorry to hear you have your deposit tied up in bankruptcy proceedings.
When did you place a deposit? Was it for a "pre-order" or a bike that they indicated was in stock?
Which model did you order?

April 2023, pre-order scheduled for delivery in December 2023. New model: Dost Crate.
Bummer.
As of Jan 1, 2024, they will be out of trust with you, but they are indicating that they will be shipping the Crate in Q1 2024, assuming the BK proceedings allow them to continue as on on going business, and don't decide to dissolve them instead.

I hope that happens for you. Let us know if they fulfill thier promise to you in Q1.

Bummer.
As of Jan 1, 2024, they will be out of trust with you, but they are indicating that they will be shipping the Crate in Q1 2024, assuming the BK proceedings allow them to continue as on on going business, and don't decide to dissolve them instead.

I hope that happens for you. Let us know if they fulfill thier promise to you in Q1.
Quite doubtful. Pushing dates out was a known tactic they used with many of their paying customers as well as promising credits that never appeared if you decided to cancel once they missed the dates. They behaved like thieves and common criminals.

Quite doubtful. Pushing dates out was a known tactic they used with many of their paying customers as well as promising credits that never appeared if you decided to cancel once they missed the dates. They behaved like thieves and common criminals.
Might be worth reaching out to the Trustee with a certified letter, and tell them you are first in line for the bike or refund. They have rules they must follow now from the court, and generally speaking you may be first in line for redress.

I gave them almost $8,000 CA in June 2023 and haven't got a bike or a refund. I'm seriously pissed! what can I do?

I paid through an RBC visa plan even though they weren’t my bank and then I paid it all at the end of June or July

Not “Visa”but a plan that dost bikes had put in place with RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) Don’t know why my iPad just slipped that in ha ha ha

Not “Visa”but a plan that dost bikes had put in place with RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) Don’t know why my iPad just slipped that in ha ha ha
Did you check the terms? A refund through RBC if the product ws not delivered? I am unfamilar with that "plan"

Folks, I've been waiting over 1 1/2 years to receive items that were in my order. I was going to call them again today when I Googled if they were in business and it says they were in receivership. I called their 833 number and the voice response is in a language I am not familiar with. Why don't they shut their website down and stop advertising? This is so frustrating. I didn't lose out as much money as some of the folks have posted here, but it still hurts.

Folks, I've been waiting over 1 1/2 years to receive items that were in my order. I was going to call them again today when I Googled if they were in business and it says they were in receivership. I called their 833 number and the voice response is in a language I am not familiar with. Why don't they shut their website down and stop advertising? This is so frustrating. I didn't lose out as much money as some of the folks have posted here, but it still hurts.

It's been a steady spiral down for them. They went into receivership at the end of December. I had just purchased one of their bikes two months before that happened, but at least I got mine from a local dealer. It's too bad though, it's a great bike, but they burned a lot of people out of money, and keeping their website operational should be against the law, it's like a license to steal.