Perspective on the ST2

Correction: Found a command on the Stromer app for "blinking" (front and rear lights) so I will give this a try on tomorrow's ride

Hi 86, this sends only a temporary blinking command to bike but does not stay blinking. I'm not sure what it's for other than to find your bike among others in a pile of stolen bikes. I may he wrong but I would like options to blink or a chase pattern while riding.
Cheers.

When all profiles are showing hit edit then delet.
Climb mount Diablo and keep the speed at 15 to 19mph on the way down and you will re-coop 29% of your battery.

i was told the "blinking" is when you lock your bike or unlock it . it blinks a few min and stops , more like a locating device if a field of Str0mer ST2s

i was told the "blinking" is when you lock your bike or unlock it . it blinks a few min and stops , more like a locating device if a field of Str0mer ST2s
Damn, you are right. I wondered what the problem was.

Does anyone know what "SIT Enabled" means in the service settings?

Update:

I have 47 miles in Power Level 2 with 34% battery left. Very very good battery range over my previous bike.

Went for a ride yesterday starting at the Sather Gate on CAL campus to Treasure Island along the new Bay bridge. Fantastic ride with my son. Got a chance to test out the manual recoup on the bike. I have not been a big fan of this particular aspect of rear hub drives. Accessing the levels of recoup on the fly is not fast and requires numerous presses to the (-) button. I found that level 3 and 4 of recoup literally brought the bike to a stop on a 7% grade. Not sure what the recovery levels are as this is not information that appears to the rider. In other words, I am not sure of the everyday practicality of recoup since I do not see the battery life indicator move. If there is a way to measure in real time, the recoup I would like to know. One thing that I need to address is that the brake pads are loosely mounted in the calipers and if I grab the brake lever normally there is a momentary clack as they make contact with the rotor. My shop tells me that this is a common occurrence and that it does not affect performance. I looked at my brakes and there is definitely some movement of the pads as I can wiggle them just a little. Not a big deal but would like to know if we can remove the clearance and quiet them up. The good news is that the brakes do not squeak. The drive train on the bike is, in my singular opinion just ok. I get some chain slap over rough surfaces and the feeling of the shifts is a little vague. As stated before I have ordered XTR derailleur and shifters to improve. A new shadow derailleur with clutch should help with chain slap.

One other little nit. The lights on the bike are very good quality but offer no options (at least to my knowledge). Wish there was a strobe option for the headlight and tail light. If there is, I do not know how to turn on. Lastly Stromer chose to include flimsy caps for both the charging port and the front USB charger. My rubber cap for the USB port takes some finagling to get it to seat properly. You already know that the charging port cover is substandard.

On the software side, I have set multiple profiles for power level 2 and saved them. Does anyone know of a way to delete a profile?

More later.............
On the iPhone. In the App go to Tuning, touch the arrow next to the current tuning setup (near the top right of the screen), touch Edit and a delete symbol will appear next to your custom settings, touch that symbol to delete the setting.

On the iPhone. In the App go to Tuning, touch the arrow next to the current tuning setup (near the top right of the screen), touch Edit and a delete symbol will appear next to your custom settings, touch that symbol to delete the setting.
I have an Android app. If you press and hold the preset, the edit/delete menu pops up. Thanks for triggering this. One more question: What does "SIT enabled" in the service menu mean. I have turned the running light on but cannot find any information related to this command. Thanks,

When all profiles are showing hit edit then delet.
Climb mount Diablo and keep the speed at 15 to 19mph on the way down and you will re-coop 29% of your battery.
Are you just hitting the brakes or are you manually using recoup and if so, at what level. I found levels 1 and 2 slow the bike considerably and was amazed that level 4 of recoup brought the bike to a standstill. I guess level 4 is for a significant downhill.

I rode mine for the 1st time last night. I got about 50 miles and about 10% left. I experienced the surging from the other thread, I could not make it go away for an extended period, I thought it would go away under heavy load and hi power in continuous use , ie flat and an even 25 mph, that did not work. In general I found the bike sluggish except at level 3 and above 10 or 15 mph and not consistant. I upped the torque sensor adjustment and didnt notice much change. With out any real back ground except an owner of Stromers for a a few years I would think I have a torque sensor issue. I am not saying it is a real iussue or even the actual issue if something is not right. I need to be able to duplicatre it and as I have ridden the bike one time only and quite exhausted when I did but what i am saying is this is how I would describe the symptom to my bike ride last night. This is compared to the ST1 when running correctly. Also I am comparing this to Ravi's bike and my memory of a 5 mile test ride a week or 2 ago.

I have a lot to explore on this bike...next will be read the owner's manual :) :). I rode after driving back 16 hours back and very little sleep.

Damn, you are right. I wondered what the problem was.

Does anyone know what "SIT Enabled" means in the service settings?
It stands for Stromer Integrated Testing. Run it and it will run a complete check on all electrical systems including the USB port, the charging port, the lights, brake lever engine cutoff, the sensor, and of course the motor.

Are you just hitting the brakes or are you manually using recoup and if so, at what level. I found levels 1 and 2 slow the bike considerably and was amazed that level 4 of recoup brought the bike to a standstill. I guess level 4 is for a significant downhill.
Manual all levels to maintain speed of 15 to 17. I don't want to give up amps to wind resistance by going to fast down. Plus it makes the Lycra crowd feel better to be able to pass me after I smoked them on the way up the mountain.

In examining some of the "junk" that came in the Stromer box of the ST2 I discovered a small magnetic silver disk about a 1/4" in diameter. Anybody know what this is for?

I didnt get my mirror so I dont know what it looks like, is that it? they list the contents on the box...or post a picture

I didnt get my mirror so I dont know what it looks like, is that it? they list the contents on the box...or post a picture
2015-08-20 08.01.42.jpg

I never got a lanyard or a mirror either. Not sure if it was an omission or whether US product does not get.

I would guess the mirror is mandatory in Europe for high speed bikes and not mandatory here so no mirror, but that is just a guess.. i am ok with picking out one on my own. The dime slug you have??? no real guess, ;looks like a battery but i dont think so and you would probably know if it was...maybe a spacer?/

I would guess the mirror is mandatory in Europe for high speed bikes and not mandatory here so no mirror, but that is just a guess.. i am ok with picking out one on my own. The dime slug you have??? no real guess, ;looks like a battery but i dont think so and you would probably know if it was...maybe a spacer?/
The magnetic disc is designed to keep the box closed.............according to Stromer. Funny!

So are you falling in love with your tricked out Stromer or you still think you will sell and buy a Focus come Jan?
Will still sell and buy a Focus or something else. Going to Interbike with my family and will ride some of the new stuff and report back to you.

Back