Used Crosscore RC

SweetTrade324

Region
USA
Hi I found a used yamaha crosscore rc for a great price i think, under 1000. Not much info on it other than it has almost 2000 miles on it and has a broken charger and a flat tire and runs good. How do i know if its a goos deal? What do i look for when checking it out. Im nervous but it looks like a great deal. Thoughts?
Screenshot_20231120_162211_Facebook.jpg

Yamaha's are good bikes. I really like the Yamaha motor of my 2016 Haibike AllMtn.

That said, with any used ebike you should be concerned with the health of the battery, the most expensive part that consumers can replace. (Yamaha won't sell motors directly to consumers.) Since the charger is broken, I assume you cannot charge the battery to see if it will even hold a charge. And even if you found a way to charge the battery, that alone will not tell you its state of health.

I think you need to figure you would need to replace the battery and get a new charger, plus other things like a new tube, perhaps a new tire, perhaps a new chain, etc. I would add $1,000 to $2,000 to the cost of the used bike to make it rideable. A new one is about $3,000 and comes with a warranty. Draw your own conclusions.

hard pass, not much upside and tons of downside on a used ebike, thats why the used ebike market basically doesn't exist and depreciation is very steep. I asked my local bike shop last weekend if i could do a trade-in of my old ebike if i bought a new one, and he was real straight with me and said nope. if the folks in the bike business won't take it used, you should probably be real cautious of this one.

The battery is apx 60 percent charged now for what it is worth. Found a charger fpr about 150 online. Havent priced a battery yet. I appreciate everyones input. I dont have 3000 for a new one at this time. Its priced at 600 now.

$600 is a good price but Yamaha batteries are pretty pricey based on past posts here. I would definitely get the bike's sn# and ask if you can also have the damaged charger. Ebike being sold cheap without a charger is a pretty big red flag that the seller may have acquired the bike through alternative means.

Back