Diamondback Union 2

jimmydean

Region
USA
I’ve had my Diamondback Union 2 for just over a year.

I purchased it from authorized dealer and have regrets. Within 2 week or ownership, the rack came detached during a ride hitting the rear wheel.

Since then, I’ve had the rack come detached, front wheel continues to come unsecured with shop unable to keep it from slipping.

Additionally, the kickstand sheared off during a ride and dragged the ground. Due to bushings they use for the screws, the holes became unusable without paying exorbitant amount to have the holes drilled out and retapped.

Also in the Kiox settings, it appears to just be a rebranded Raleigh Redux and not something that Diamondback has built on their own.

The only redeeming part of the bike has been the quality of the drivetrain system, the Bosch Kiox 300 and motor have been really nice to have. Otherwise would say to spend a bit more to get a bike that has good support or buy it with a separate warranty plan, because it will need follow up repairs. Mine has spent approximately a month or more of my one year of ownership in the shop for repairs.

I have the exact same bike, I bought it new in June of 2021, it has been trouble free and a great buy for me. I have 3600 miles on it and the only thing that I have needed was a new chain at 2300 miles. The rack has been tight and I use it with a trunk bag with 10 pounds of gear in it. The fenders are stout metal and do not rattle, the kickstand has been trouble free. The Bosch motor at 85 nm has been fantastic, lots of power even though I have a form of muscular dystrophy I find the tour setting works for 85% of my riding. Being a class 3 bike makes it exceptional. I researched a lot before purchasing this bike and at the time, for the money it was the best I could find being equiped with the Bosch gen 4 motor, Kiox display, Shimano Deore components and Schwalbe tires. I sorry that your experience was not as good as mine. I did by from a local shop that services what they sell.

I have the exact same bike, I bought it new in June of 2021, it has been trouble free and a great buy for me. I have 3600 miles on it and the only thing that I have needed was a new chain at 2300 miles. The rack has been tight and I use it with a trunk bag with 10 pounds of gear in it. The fenders are stout metal and do not rattle, the kickstand has been trouble free. The Bosch motor at 85 nm has been fantastic, lots of power even though I have a form of muscular dystrophy I find the tour setting works for 85% of my riding. Being a class 3 bike makes it exceptional. I researched a lot before purchasing this bike and at the time, for the money it was the best I could find being equiped with the Bosch gen 4 motor, Kiox display, Shimano Deore components and Schwalbe tires. I sorry that your experience was not as good as mine. I did by from a local shop that services what they sell.
Glad to hear. I have wondered how much of the issues were due to lousy assembly from the shop I bought it through. Hard to know for sure though.

Back