Orbea Gain D40 starting itself!

mickdronnie

Region
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have an Orbea Gain D40 - 3500 miles done. It's just decided that when I turn it off, it then promptly starts up again!

Has anybody come across this please as obviously I do need to turn it off.

If you have come across this, how did you fix it??

Any help much appreciated.

Mick

Hi there,

I have an Orbea Gain D40 - 3500 miles done. It's just decided that when I turn it off, it then promptly starts up again!

Has anybody come across this please as obviously I do need to turn it off.

If you have come across this, how did you fix it??

Any help much appreciated.

Mick
Mick, I’m not on Facebook but i remember reading somewhere that there is a very active Orbea Gain group on Facebook. Maybe check them out, they might be a help.

Ras,

Hi there and many thanks for the post. As it happens, I think I've fixed it and know the reason if anybody ever has the same thing.

In the UK we have had terrible rain storms and I was caught in one yesterday. What seems to have happened is that when I charged up the bike after the ride, a small amount of rainwater found its way inside the rubber charger flap and then into the charge port itself.

I found out from a bike mechanic I spoke to that it isn't just a power charge point but also a data port used when they update the software! So, if you get water in it, it can cause the system to act up. After drying with my wife's hairdryer, the problem disappeared 🙂

Back