Need help identifying the Motor Connector for the XP 3.0

cayacoa

Region
USA
Hello.

I'm trying to find information about this cable.
WhatsApp Image 2023-06-12 at 13.28.56.jpg

The cable says that it's a Julet; I've been able to find information under the model number Z916A nonetheless the only sellers is a single store on Aliexpress. I would like to know if any of you would know where I could purchase this cable or more information about it. Thank you.

I don't really know my cables, but I thought the Z916 has an octagon shape, If you go to the aliexpess site, instead of using google, you'll find a number of sellers with Z916's, Z910',s and the L1019.
If you're concerned about getting stiffed by a China seller, that is a valid concern, but if a shyster sits on your money for 8-12 weeks, a dispute with Aliexpress wll get you a refund. It's more likely to happen with toys than bike parts, Grin in Vancouver may have what you need too,
I had some hydraulic brake calipers get lost in US customs for several weeks, and I entered a dispute and got a quick refund. I ordered again, and since the best price was the same vendor, I used him, The parts arrived in a week and I thought it was the original order, but it was the second one.
Then again, I guess I don't agonize over buying little parts from unknown sellers. If it is a couple of hundred bucks for a motor, I;kk buy it from a vendor that other folks have used. ,

I don't really know my cables, but I thought the Z916 has an octagon shape, If you go to the aliexpess site, instead of using google, you'll find a number of sellers with Z916's, Z910',s and the L1019.
If you're concerned about getting stiffed by a China seller, that is a valid concern, but if a shyster sits on your money for 8-12 weeks, a dispute with Aliexpress wll get you a refund. It's more likely to happen with toys than bike parts, Grin in Vancouver may have what you need too,
I had some hydraulic brake calipers get lost in US customs for several weeks, and I entered a dispute and got a quick refund. I ordered again, and since the best price was the same vendor, I used him, The parts arrived in a week and I thought it was the original order, but it was the second one.
Then again, I guess I don't agonize over buying little parts from unknown sellers. If it is a couple of hundred bucks for a motor, I;kk buy it from a vendor that other folks have used. ,
Hey Harry, good to see you again.
I still own my ecotric with my KT controller upgrade. It's running good.
So about this cable, I'd be willing to buy it from Aliexpress nonetheless apparently there barely any information about it on the internet. the Aliexpress information that I've been able to find is that it's called Z916 nonetheless that seems to be for the octagon shape.
Anyways; Thank you very much for all the help.

Hello.

I'm trying to find information about this cable.
View attachment 155907

The cable says that it's a Julet; I've been able to find information under the model number Z916A nonetheless the only sellers is a single store on Aliexpress. I would like to know if any of you would know where I could purchase this cable or more information about it. Thank you.
Yep, my Vtuvia sf-20 had the same z916a. It's a very rare connector. It can handle the same current as z916 though. For my use I bought a KT controller and made my own conversion cable by using the older controller connector and splicing in a regular z916 end on it (if using a 1000w controller else you need a z910 end if using a 500w-750w controller). You can also buy the one z916a extender cable from aliexpress and also do the same splicing on it but it's expensive. I have not found any source of the z916a connector anywhere. Kinda forces you to use the factory controller which sucks. I find the KT controllers give me the smoothest PAS as anything else I've tried. Luckily enough though, the colors match the standard color codes for hub cables so it's easy to figure out which wire goes to what. This is the aliexpress z916a extender cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004599800280.html

Last edited:
View attachment 156356

That is a Julet (Z910) 9 pin Motor Connector. You can find them at AliExpress or Amazon.

Could you remove this answer, please? It's misleading. It's showing the Z910 connector, which is different (smaller) from the Z916A. And the linked video has no information about the actual plugs, it's just a Julet factory tour.

I was so confused that I made a small list of popular ebike motor plugs at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t0hcVV1riy9zPBIZPwUBRNrV_-02OBEFYpAcc16qPFk if that helps.

Back