No part for electra bicycle.

abqhudson

Region
USA
Unable to get Chain Guard. Upset. Sent this email to the president of Electra:

I ordered a chain guard for my Electra Bicycle last October. Was told I would have to wait until April to get it. Paid for it as there is no other source.

April came and still no Chain Guard. Inquiry resulted in being told by my dealer that the Chain Guard was now expected May 15.

May 15 - Checked still no Chain Guard.

May 24 checked again for status: Now told that the Chain Guard will not arrive till October????

Wait a year for an Electra part???? GIVE US A BREAK!

Online sellers can’t possibly be worse. After several Electras including two electrics, we are now finished with Electra because of the horrendous customer service."

Of course - no response.

….and what exactly would you like us to do about it??? Reality check….If this is your biggest issue in life, I’d say you’re doing okay.

It seems like your dealer may be the best advocate for you. I’d continue to work with them. You can probably find a chain guard elsewhere. What model of Electra bike do you have? I searched “Electra chainguard” and many results populated.

Perhaps your dealer can take one from another bike and they can install the new one on that bike when it comes in. That way you’ll have one that you already paid for. At least, that’s what I would do if I worked there.

….and what exactly would you like us to do about it??? Reality check….If this is your biggest issue in life, I’d say you’re doing okay.
If nothing else, it’s worth posting so others considering the brand are made aware of parts unavailability.

If nothing else, it’s worth posting so others considering the brand are made aware of parts unavailability.
Sorry, but I really didn’t get that vibe. There was no “Hey fellow ebikers, just a friendly heads up, so and so has a parts shortage”. No, “Oh and hello btw, I’m really looking forward to being a contributing member here!”

It was more of a “woe is me and I want to discredit this horrible manufacturer who did me wrong“ kinda vibe. Seems to be a common theme of new “first time, one post” members. Imho anyway.

Back