Anyone in the United States have a Speedbox 3 on a Bosch Performance Line Speed Gen4 working beyond 28mph (class 3 speed in the USA)

gehu

Anyone in the United States have a Speedbox 3 on a Bosch Performance Line Speed Gen4 working beyond 28mph (class 3 speed in the USA)?
I would be interested to hear their experience and speeds they were able to test. I tested up to ~35 mph and no engine cutoff. It did not work at first when I did a bone headed really stupid thing of not pulling the battery/power while working on electronics no less; on the install. You always do that when working on any wiring. :(
Anyway, when I remembered what I did I pulled the battery and let it sit. (really should have pulled the tuning chip out rebooted normally, then reinstalled it with battery pulled). Regardless, the just cold boot worked even though Bosch engine's have persistent memory as well as the chip. Bought it from a great company Ebiketuner in the UK https://ebiketuner.com/ Have 30 day no questions and had it in 5 days to US with 2 of those weekend days. Also, Speedbox has lifetime warranty. They will need it if I start having 504s lol.
No jinx.
1683453748989.png

Last edited:
Hey gehu,
Just got a used gazelle t10+ with the Bosch speed motor. I just ordered the speedbox 3.0. It should get here Wednesday. I'm wondering if it's going to be worth the extra 200 bucks just to go a few miles an hour faster. Gazelle say it's supposed to get up to 28 mph but I can't get it past 24 no matter how hard I pedal. You can definitely fill that motor not wanting me to pedal any harder given the force I have to make it churn. It'd be nice if there was a cheaper way. For instance on all of my other e-bikes, it's actually in the settings on the little controller on the handlebars on most of them. No need to buy anything extra. My lectric I can pedal up to about 34 mph(I did change the sprocket gears) with no problem. My Juiced Camp scrambler and Hyperscrambler 2 about the same as well as my Zooz. Do you still have your Gez T10+?

that sounds weird. you have to be putting out 450 watts yourself to hit peak assist on the Bosch. thats way past what it takes to get the bike up to 28mph. intakes a 20# grade for me to get the max out of the motor.

Bosch replied to an email and said it sounds like a battery or motor problem. Since I purchased second hand, I have no Proof Of Purchase, so no warranty I guess. But yes, I am winded for sure trying to pedal through the motor strain trying to get past 24mph. I ride a road bike a few times a week, so this bike is just for fun. I guess we will see what the speedbox will do.

Bosch replied to an email and said it sounds like a battery or motor problem. Since I purchased second hand, I have no Proof Of Purchase, so no warranty I guess. But yes, I am winded for sure trying to pedal through the motor strain trying to get past 24mph. I ride a road bike a few times a week, so this bike is just for fun. I guess we will see what the speedbox will do.
I doubt it will be worth the money if the bike cant go 24 I doubt it's going to go faster. do you feel a difference going from off though the levels to turbo? when I hit 450 watts I dont feel a difference between eco and turbo.

Supposedly the speed box is to disengage the speed limiter. Meaning, I shouldn't get that pushback from the motor once I hit a certain speed. And yes, I can feel a difference in the different levels of speed assist. If I want to just stick to around 17 mph it's a nice enjoyable ride. I guess I just like to try to go a little faster.

Supposedly the speed box is to disengage the speed limiter. Meaning, I shouldn't get that pushback from the motor once I hit a certain speed. And yes, I can feel a difference in the different levels of speed assist. If I want to just stick to around 17 mph it's a nice enjoyable ride. I guess I just like to try to go a little faster.
but if you max it out at 24mph then change levels do you feel it? bosch is either 19mph or around 27.5 if its only doing 24 then something is wacky. tire size could be way off but you would need a intuvia or kiox or nyon to check it. but I doubt the speedboat will fix it as I doubt it is the limit of the bike.

I installed the speed box 3 tonight when I got home. Unfortunately, I could not feel a difference. I'm sure I have done everything correctly as I notice all of the cues are what they are supposed to be when looking at the display. I read somewhere that you can set your speed limit up to 99. And mine only goes up to 6.1 which is 61 by their definition. If I go past that, it just goes back to 0.0. I'm not sure how to tell what version of software I have on my Gazelle but I'll look that up a little bit later tonight to see. Perhaps I need a new update from Bosch? I might try uninstalling it and reinstalling it just to see. If I don't see much of a change I'll just have to return the speed box.

I installed the speed box 3 tonight when I got home. Unfortunately, I could not feel a difference. I'm sure I have done everything correctly as I notice all of the cues are what they are supposed to be when looking at the display. I read somewhere that you can set your speed limit up to 99. And mine only goes up to 6.1 which is 61 by their definition. If I go past that, it just goes back to 0.0. I'm not sure how to tell what version of software I have on my Gazelle but I'll look that up a little bit later tonight to see. Perhaps I need a new update from Bosch? I might try uninstalling it and reinstalling it just to see. If I don't see much of a change I'll just have to return the speed box.
a update wont change the speed. something is wacky like I told you. wrong wheel size or battery or the motor.

Back