Extended warranty in general, and Stunner X6 questions

Regnad

Region
USA
I am strongly considering buying the 24" Stunner X6. Some questions-

1. In general, with Biktrix bikes, do you think it's wise to buy the extended warranty?
2. How good has their warranty service in general been for you if you need it?
3. Regarding the offroad motor option- I am well aware of all the laws regarding bike classes. Concerning performance only- does the off-road option allow the motor to use wattage above the 750w limit? Is torque increased? I know the speed is higher, but torque is my primary interest.
4. The 24" model comes with 3" tires. If I ever want to up to 4" will the front fork accommodate them? Don't care so much about the back end, it's the front end and steering where I bog down on the loose stuff.

I could not find answers to these questions on their site.

If you own the Stunner X6 or have general experience as a Biktrix customer I would be interested in hearing about it.

1. In general, with Biktrix bikes, do you think it's wise to buy the extended warranty?
3. Regarding the offroad motor option- I am well aware of all the laws regarding bike classes. Concerning performance only- does the off-road option allow the motor to use wattage above the 750w limit? Is torque increased? I know the speed is higher, but torque is my primary interest.
4. The 24" model comes with 3" tires. If I ever want to up to 4" will the front fork accommodate them? Don't care so much about the back end, it's the front end and steering where I bog down on the loose stuff.

If you own the Stunner X6 or have general experience as a Biktrix customer I would be interested in hearing about it.
Hi Regnad, great questions. I would recommend posting this question on this Facebook group where there are 1000s of Biktrix bike owners: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1136802453086982/

How good has their warranty service in general been for you if you need it?
Whenever you buy OEM direct YOU sign on as the warranty service person. You don't say where you are located. There may be local options

If you purchased your bike with a credit card, your credit card may include a free extended warranty as one of the benefits. My Citibank card, affiliated with American Airlines FF program describes its extended warranty as follows:

"Warranties run out. Get an extra 24 months added to your warranty when you purchase items at least in part with your Citi card. If your eligible item breaks, we’ll repair, reimburse or replace it, up to the amount charged on your Citi card or up to $10,000 per item, whichever is less.
  • Some Important Details
  • Coverage begins when the manufacturer’s warranty, or an extended warranty you bought, expires.
  • In no event will total coverage exceed seven years from the purchase date.
  • What's Covered
  • Purchases made with your Citi card that come with a manufacturer's warranty
  • Examples of What's Not Covered
  • Cars, boats, aircraft or any motorized land, air or water vehicles and their original equipment. Tires are not covered.
  • Items that do not come with a manufacturer’s warranty."

Back