Bottom Bracket

shelcrone

I need the part ASAP. REI ordered a bottom bracket for my Flow October 20. It's now October 30 and they still don't have it. Is there a tracking number I can get from you? We have a couple of nice days next week before the snow flies. I want my bike back!

I need the part ASAP. REI ordered a bottom bracket for my Flow October 20. It's now October 30 and they still don't have it. Is there a tracking number I can get from you? We have a couple of nice days next week before the snow flies. I want my bike back!
What does your "bottom bracket" look like? I ask wondering if it might be available on the aftermarket where quicker service might be available.

Could this "bottom bracket" be a derailleur hangar? (do a google search for pics.) The part that holds the derailleur (rear shifter) to the bike's frame? If so, they are proprietary, and you are pretty much at their mercy.

If the bike was taken in for a shifting problem, there's a good chance the hangar is bent or cracked. Happens when new bikes are damaged in shipping, or when accidentally dropped on the right hand side.

Here is the photo of where the bracket is.

Attachments

• bracket.JPG
    bracket.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 142
Back