New Creo2

One benefit I didn't see coming: Lots of big intersections with very long lights here. If there are no cars behind me in my lane, the green light I need to get through may never get triggered.
Lessons learned as a former commuter. Most traffic signals use an induction loop to trigger for vehicles. You can frequently see where they've installed them in the pavement. If it is a 3ft diameter circle, you want to be on a chord about ten inches from a tangent point parallel to travel. Some cities will put a bicycle mark at this point. If it is a rectangle, usually riding on one side leg will trigger it. If they have the signal cranked down so it does not detect a bicycle it will probably have trouble detecting a motorcycle. Sometimes they put the loops a two or three car lengths away from the crosswalk so if you know where they are you can slow down as you ride over them to trigger the light. I was told by an EE friend that even aluminum pedals should be able to trigger an induction loop set correctly.

Lessons learned as a former commuter. Most traffic signals use an induction loop to trigger for vehicles. You can frequently see where they've installed them in the pavement. If it is a 3ft diameter circle, you want to be on a chord about ten inches from a tangent point parallel to travel. Some cities will put a bicycle mark at this point. If it is a rectangle, usually riding on one side leg will trigger it. If they have the signal cranked down so it does not detect a bicycle it will probably have trouble detecting a motorcycle. Sometimes they put the loops a two or three car lengths away from the crosswalk so if you know where they are you can slow down as you ride over them to trigger the light. I was told by an EE friend that even aluminum pedals should be able to trigger an induction loop set correctly.
Thanks, I'll be on the lookout for all of those tricks!

The gate coming out of our neighborhood is an interesting case. Saw bikes triggering it all the time, but not mine or my neighbor's. Figuring out exactly where the sensor is didn't help. Then it dawned on me that our aluminum frames could be the problem.

Eventually discovered by accident that I can open the gate by stopping with my bottom bracket directly over the sensor with the bike at 90±10° to the roadway. Go figure.

Last edited:
Another one of the bikes on my 'first e-bike' list.
Very limited stock here in the UK but a few available in that colour scheme and in my size.
Could I ask how you find the motor noise and how you are getting on with the SRAM Apex? I've not ridden SRAM for around 8 years and that was Force mechanical with Rim Brakes.
I'm weighing up the Value for Money of this bike compared to the Canyon Grizl:On and the Cube Nuroad Hybrid 400SX.

Regards,
Andy

Another one of the bikes on my 'first e-bike' list.
Very limited stock here in the UK but a few available in that colour scheme and in my size.
Could I ask how you find the motor noise and how you are getting on with the SRAM Apex? I've not ridden SRAM for around 8 years and that was Force mechanical with Rim Brakes.
I'm weighing up the Value for Money of this bike compared to the Canyon Grizl:On and the Cube Nuroad Hybrid 400SX.

Regards,
Andy
I only used the mechanical SRAM for one ride before I switched it to Rival eTap but it seems like it's very good. Motor noise between Creo SL V1 and V2 is much improved. It looks like your comparison bikes are all competive but not exactly the same. You'll have to make a matrix to grade them to your wants. The Canyon Grizl:On CF7 seems to be a very good value for a more gravel or off road with a front shock fork.

Back