5000 cycle Lithium battery, triples e-bike range, charges in minutes - Toshiba

• Thread starter Deleted member 4210
  • Start date
That article talks about discharging to 3.0 volts which is a no no because 80% is 3.75 so they are reducing the amount of cycles just by discharging to much. Also today's chargers ramp the amps down as the pack get close to full to help with cycle life. I fly rc jets and planes and I also race electric rc boats. We get plenty of cycles if were good to our packs and less if we don't. I use mostly 5000 mah packs and charge them at 2c most the time and get 2 to 4 years of hard use. We are a lot easier on our lipos in ebikes so the number of cycles is high compared to RC use.

Another RC flyer here. When I started out flying with 3 cell Lipo's I was really good to them. Got hundreds and hundreds of flights, until the packs would get puffy and they were replaced after 3-4 years. Now, on the those 3 cell packs, I abuse the heck out of them. I STILL get hundreds of flights, and they're still going 3-4 years until they start getting puffy.

I will admit though, the 6 cell packs are expensive enough where I do try to take a little better care of them.

Point being, I can afford to abuse a pack that can be replaced for 13.00. A pack costing 500, maybe not so much....

Back