5 Levels vs 9 Levels

Deacon Blues

My UC Pro shows that it has 5 power levels, but the number of levels can be increase to 9.
Can someone tell me what the advantages would be to switching my number of levels from 5 to 9?
Would level 5 (1to 5 levels) give the same power output as 9 (1 to 9 levels)?

It depends on the programming.
The fact there are 9 possible levels does not mean all of them have been programmed with something different.
It just means that is you have the use for 9 different modes then you can use them to hold 9 different sets of parameters.

WW should be able to say if all of them have been used. And using the programming tools, you can check or decide if you want to use them differently

Guessing your display is different than mine

Mine has 5 green eco and 5 red sport levels..?
Never tried to change it to 9 levels on this bike

Is yours the same or a different display ?

I have a APT TFT 750C display.

Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 10.34.35 PM.png

The Innotrace controller has levels 1-10, any display's levels willl somehow map to those. DPC18 display (stock Hydra display) it's Eco 1-5 maps to Innotrace's 1-5, and Sport 1-5 maps to Innotrace's 6-10. If your display has 5 levels it likely maps to Innotrace's 1-5, if you change it to 9 I'd guess it maps to Innotrace's 1-9... something like that.

Unclear exactly how WW ships bike with that display so can't say for sure your level 5 is the full 2500watts or whatnot. You could ask WW, but better IMO is to just setup programming. You can know exactly what is going on and adjust thinks how you'd like.

My UC Pro shows that it has 5 power levels, but the number of levels can be increase to 9.
Can someone tell me what the advantages would be to switching my number of levels from 5 to 9?
Would level 5 (1to 5 levels) give the same power output as 9 (1 to 9 levels)?
On the last page of the 750C display manual, you can see that 5 levels maps to assist levels 2, 4, 6, 8, 9. I'm willing to bet WW didn't bother with any custom programming and you are missing out on the lowest assist level. I say this because they didn't bother with my custom programming request. With 5 levels, you are reaching assist level 9. You cannot access Innotrace level 10 with that display.

I suggest trying 9 levels and see if assist level 1 provides a better leisurely ride.

On the last page of the 750C display manual, you can see that 5 levels maps to assist levels 2, 4, 6, 8, 9. I'm willing to bet WW didn't bother with any custom programming and you are missing out on the lowest assist level. I say this because they didn't bother with my custom programming request. With 5 levels, you are reaching assist level 9. You cannot access Innotrace level 10 with that display.

I suggest trying 9 levels and see if assist level 1 provides a better leisurely ride.
I have a 750C, chosen for it horizontal layout and very easy to read watt meter. Try it, and observe the wattage used when using PAS 1 both ways. I have never used PAS 5, but my bet would be PAS 5 and 9 should very close to the same.

In any case, you can set it up to your 'druthers pretty easily. I use the 1-5 setup, and even programmed PAS 0 for a very low level of assist as I have no use for it otherwise.
I don't think the 750C has he "ECO" and "Sport" red/green mapping available on it.

Thanks for all the replies.
I'll change the display setting to 9 levels and see how I like it.
I'm still waiting for my password from Innotrace (I think that's where it's coming from), so I can do some more fine tuning.

Now if this damn snow would go away for I can go for a ride.....

Pushkar told me when I purchased my motor and controller combo that if I was using the 750C it was going to be all sport level assist and no "Eco" which was fine by me.

When your using the 10 levels with the DPC18 for example ;
Levels 1 - 5 = Eco mode
Levels 6 - 10 = Sport mode

Going by the Innotrace X1 Tool Manual.

Thanks for all the replies.
I'll change the display setting to 9 levels and see how I like it.
I'm still waiting for my password from Innotrace (I think that's where it's coming from), so I can do some more fine tuning.

Now if this damn snow would go away for I can go for a ride.....
1919 doesn't work? Or maybe 1199?

Back