Are You Kidding Me Pricing?

Ebiker33

So today I went into the Harley Dealer to look at the Serial 1 Ebikes.
Very nice looking clean Ebikes.

BUT.......on top of the already very hefty prices they are charging, they then add on top of that extra Freight and PDI and Documentation fees in the amount of $500 just like cars.

To me that is outrageous and on principle alone, I would not buy that Ebike, as far as I know they are the only Ebike company putting on these extra high upcharges beyond the Ebike price itself.
Many companies are actually giving free shipping to your door, here you pick it up and take it away, and you still pay for delivery charges.

If I'm not mistaken Yamaha is doing something similar by adding a dealer markup.
$500 is a lot it's not pocket change. People will pay though if they want the bike.
People have a lot of choices when comes to Ebikes right now, I can order a DOST version with a more powerful motor with a throttle and suspension for over 2K less and free air shipping anywhere in North America.
Harley can't just rest on their name for this, they need to also get competitive if they want to get there Ebikes out into the market.

HD dealers have been fleecing their customers ever since HD's became a "thing" with the rubs, but now the riders are aging out of motorcycling and HD are sucking hind tit, so I guess it's on to the their e bike customers now, to rip off.

Last edited:
It's a seller's choice and a bad one. Our local owned Specialized dealer that also carries Santa Cruz and Series 1 bikes. The only added charge is sales tax, which he is required by law to charge.,

So today I went into the Harley Dealer to look at the Serial 1 Ebikes.
Very nice looking clean Ebikes.

BUT.......on top of the already very hefty prices they are charging, they then add on top of that extra Freight and PDI and Documentation fees in the amount of $500 just like cars.

To me that is outrageous and on principle alone, I would not buy that Ebike, as far as I know they are the only Ebike company putting on these extra high upcharges beyond the Ebike price itself.
Many companies are actually giving free shipping to your door, here you pick it up and take it away, and you still pay for delivery charges.
buy direct from serial 1 and avoid all these charges plus 1000 off this 2022 fourth of july weekend.

I just Google Harley Davidson ebike and I don't like it. I have a 1999 Fatboy I bought 9 years ago. Already modded out (Mid life crisis). It just sits in my brother in law's storage. I got a DUI on it during pandemic lock down when I was drunk as a skunk and I dropped it at a stop light and could not pick it back up. One of the reasons I got into Ebiking was because my license revoked 1 year. I have not ridden since I took this picture months ago. My brother in law maintains it now. I just holding on to it hoping it would go up in resale value.
you can get a DUI on a bicycle (FYI)

I bought my Serial 1 Rush Cty Speed from my local LBS (Mike's Bikes) and only paid sales tax. My 2021 size XL (I'm tall) was Black Friday discounted $1000 last fall and so was a great value at $4300 out the door. The MSLP has gone up a bit since due to the new AP and associated hardware/software which I was promised my Serial 1 Support but unfortunately not back compatible. At the price I paid it was a very good value and I really enjoy the never shift ride mode for purely recreational riding. I have another bike for my serious riding and so the Serial 1 fits a role I wanted for a 2nd bike. I ride 6K miles per year so it's easier to rationalize the price I pay for a bike(s) that might be for most people price prohibitive.

BTW, Court is doing his usual comprehensive review of the Serial 1 bikes currently and if you have any interest, you should check out those reviews. Court may be the only ebike reviewer that I 100% trust to give me his honest, fact based and expert opinion on ebikes.

I bought my Serial 1 Rush Cty Speed from my local LBS (Mike's Bikes) and only paid sales tax. My 2021 size XL (I'm tall) was Black Friday discounted $1000 last fall and so was a great value at $4300 out the door. The MSLP has gone up a bit since due to the new AP and associated hardware/software which I was promised my Serial 1 Support but unfortunately not back compatible. At the price I paid it was a very good value and I really enjoy the never shift ride mode for purely recreational riding. I have another bike for my serious riding and so the Serial 1 fits a role I wanted for a 2nd bike. I ride 6K miles per year so it's easier to rationalize the price I pay for a bike(s) that might be for most people price prohibitive.

BTW, Court is doing his usual comprehensive review of the Serial 1 bikes currently and if you have any interest, you should check out those reviews. Court may be the only ebike reviewer that I 100% trust to give me his honest, fact based and expert opinion on ebikes.
Yes, I saw my thread title on his YouTube video for these Ebikes.
For those of you that have purchased Harleys, do you think if you pushed the branch/store manager, would he waive the bogus extra fee's to make the sale?

Back