48v Pansonic GA 17.5ah Black Killer Whale Ebike Pack from Luna Cycles

@Lost You are correct. The gauge will only start working once you drop below the maximum voltage it's calibrated at. By then you will be running low and the gauge won't be accurate anyway. I would install a battery meter that measures Ah. This is your best solution. Luna cycle sells 3 versions.

@Lost And there is no way to re-calibrate at the end user side of things. Perhaps RPB could do this although I have my doubts.

The "fuel guage" will not work correctly with the 52 volt pack though, right? Or is there a way to recalibrate that?
Only with a wattmeter added, but I rode for more than a year without one. Get to know your battery using a multimeter. You can sort mileage that way. But with a DYI haveing Cycle Analyst or watt meter is a good trouble shooting device too.

@Thomas Jaszewski These are a necessity if you are running a BBSHD like me on a 60 lb. Radrover frame:

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

I love them. Way better than the stock mechanical disc brakes. Night and day difference!

Did you need a different adapter when installing these, I see the front includes the 180, but wondering if the rear needs changing, or is the one already on the RR perfect? Also, did you run the hydraulic for the rear tube inside the frame, or outside? Was the e-shut off wires too long and require trimming or coiling up?

So does the "fuel gauge" on the 52 volt pack work appropriately? My guess is they are using a generic case with an included voltage comparator gauge and that is likely calibrated for 48 volts?

If we'e on the cases battery "indicator" I'd never rely on those meters. They are described by sellers as "INDICATORS". Take that literally. You can use a multimeter to correlate mileage and voltage levels or add a wattmeter.

Last edited:
Nope, spot on. I did not think those pack fuel gauges were calibrated to different cell counts. Thanks.
I used my first pack for a year before discovering it was there. Duh!
What are you going to run this battery on? Which kit?

A rover from radpower. When the time comes, I will attach a very small voltmeter onto the pack itself.
Oh good! I have these small programable I'v been using and some vendors use on soft pack. They've increased in price over the last year, there are several on Amazon as well.

You inspired me to look around and this one was recommended by several experienced builder friends. AND even though it's China direct I've got PayPal and eBay protection FWIW. Looks like a nice unit
$_1.JPG

TH01 8-63V LCD Lead Acid Li-ion Battery Capacity Indicator Display with Shell
Item price $7.50
Quantity 1
Item number 261734109956
Shipping service ePacket delivery from China

@MazzyScar This pack will give you more range at the same Ah, or you can add 2 more Ah for $30:

Plus, your Radrover will have better acceleration, torque, and top-speed. I did this to mine the first month and the controller and motor handles the increased voltage fine. The stock system is very overbuilt for the amperage and voltage that RPB chose to run through the system.

Is that extra voltage still working okay for you? I'm trying to decide which battery to get and would love to maximize my range. I plan on taking my RadCity out for camping trips and need to get 40 - 60 miles with only two batteries powering my butt and gear. Luckily, there are a ton of great State Parks near Seattle with electric hookups at each campsite so charging will be easy.

Radrover with some accessories and Luna 52V 17.5 AH battery pack. Stock dolphin pack fits in the battery bag as well. A little bit more power and a lot more range. Also installed shimano 42T chainring and crank arms. running 2.5" Hookworms and a side mirror.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (29).jpg
    FullSizeRender (29).jpg
    1,022.1 KB · Views: 694
  • IMG_5491.JPG
    IMG_5491.JPG
    349.4 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_5493.JPG
    IMG_5493.JPG
    373.3 KB · Views: 630
  • luna_52v_17.5ah_ga-5__00562.1471924365.1280.1280.jpg
    luna_52v_17.5ah_ga-5__00562.1471924365.1280.1280.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 683
Radrover with some accessories and Luna 52V 17.5 AH battery pack. Stock dolphin pack fits in the battery bag as well. A little bit more power and a lot more range. Also installed shimano 42T chainring and crank arms. running 2.5" Hookworms and a side mirror.
That poor overwatered house plant!
Love those hook worms! Nicest tire I run!

Why the new chainring? Isn't that the stock size? (42?)

Looks awesome, any hard numbers on your range extension with the Luna battery? The stock battery fits in addition to the Luna battery? Did you wire in an XT 90 to the stock battery?

Nice!

Way off topic, but we have an avocado plant at work that the tips are getting crispy. That's from over watering? I was thinking I needed to bring in some plant food.
There's no substitute for a finger stuck in the soil, typically that's the look. An over water plant cannot take up water. The lack of oxygen prevents that. SO symptoms of over entered and underwater can be very similar. Typically indoor plant problems come from over watering. I dare say a majority of the time, in my 40 years of experience. Office plants can be special problems with more than one resident thinking they are 'plant persons" and watering, not knowing that someone else has or never bothering to get their fingers dirty. A dirty finger is obligatory. <grin>

Way off topic, but we have an avocado plant at work that the tips are getting crispy. That's from over watering? I was thinking I needed to bring in some plant food.
Plant food is over rated. Over fertilized plants bring pest infestations. Find a good slow release organic type for interior plants. Here's a add on for Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Jobes-Organi...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=AEV80PG77CXX6NR86KHY

This would be a good choice too,
https://www.amazon.com/Jobes-Organi...=8-3&keywords=slow+release+plant+food+organic

Just hide it so you don't get helpers...

Back