I discovered a undocumented feature

Dasselin

Region
Canada
The feature is if the brake lever is broken the motor will not engage. I read the manual and it make no mention of this.
Just wondering if this was common to most ebikes.
Also customer support is not very good for IGO.

I'm assuming this is because it assumes that the brake lever is pulled if the break is broken. for the same reason if you pull the brake it will disengage the motor

It's a side effect not a feature.. It's because the handle goes limp causing it to not stay open which triggers the motor cutoff. But it's not a fail safe because if the break handle is open the whole way then it wont cut off the motor.

Undocumented was sarcasm!
love the bicycle but the service or support is pitiful to say the least. it has been a week and still no reply from them.

sorry I misunderstood your sarcasm when you said it should be documented.. I've never had any issues with them I worked with their engineering team to actually get a firmware update pushed out within a month because the motor was cutting to half power after using it with a throttle only for 10 minutes. they said from the manufacturer of the motor controller it came like that to prevent overheating they showed tests that there was no way the motor would overheat so they change the firmware to allow you to use throttle only from full battery to zero battery. just my experience but I thought they were amazing their sport was great talking directly to an engineer

I have been trying to get in touch with them for a 2 weeks now, and no luck. I need to replace the break lever simple enough but cant get a response from them.
has for the bicycle itself… I think it great my wife and I love to ride them. We are planing extended excursion this summer to ile d’Orléans, Rimouski and Cote nord.

Things are more expensive in Canada, I used to buy these from China for under $12 shipped. Look around for something that matches your connectors.
ebrakes.jpg

Amazon.ca link

I already replaced them. The point is that the
Things are more expensive in Canada, I used to buy these from China for under $12 shipped. Look around for something that matches your connectors.
View attachment 122612
Amazon.ca link
Alredy done. That is not the point. The bicycles are still under warranty, they are 3 monts old. BTW. the head office for IGO is 10k from my house and they dont even answer the door. It is a good thing I’m good with tools and can fix things but hat happens with people who are not manually inclined?

Back