Daymak Beast Deluxe E-bike Question - (Greece 🇬🇷)

arestzam

Region
Other
City
Athens
Good day,

This is my first post on thus Daymak forum which I joined yesterday to post news and personal impressions.

I just purchased the Daymak Beast Deluxe 500 Watt motor model with a NEW replacement 60V Lead Acid battery. Although I expected the bike run 40km (manufacturer's riding autonomy), it can NOT go further than 18km in total. The battery capacity is at the highest level and there couldn't be any modifications. I complained about this to my battery supplier and was told that the bike would run 30 km ,(Autonomy) provided that the following conditions are met:

a) Bike weight 70kgr - No additional weight
b) No counter wind while riding
c) Smooth easy normal riding (no stops, no braking, no uphills).

Overall I am 😞 frustrated because the bike runs exactly for 1hour at 15-17km Maximum duration and then it needs 5-6hours for battery recharging.

Please share your thoughts on this inconvenient situation!

Aristotelis
Athens, 🇬🇷 Greece

Attachments

• Daymak Beast Deluxe pic1.jpg
    Daymak Beast Deluxe pic1.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 211
  • Daymak Beast Deluxe.jpg
    Daymak Beast Deluxe.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG-20220224-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220224-WA0000.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 216
What is that blue Greek Car on your driveway?
Other picture of your bike is packed with battery on the running board.
It is another electric car.
Please stay on the topic of the thread regarding the Beast electric scooter if you have any ideas 💡 why the scooter runs for only 15-18km even with the new replacement Lead Acid battery pack.

Yeah the battery pack is missing from one photo as I strapped it on later on!

Looking up your Daymak: https://www.daymak.com/offroad/beast-deluxe.html shows that it comes with a 60 volt, 22ah Lithium Ion battery. No clue as to what your range would be on the correct, specified lithium ion battery. Does Daymak recommend a lead acid battery or are there issues getting the correct li-ion battery to Greece? Is that a starting battery or is it a deep cycle lead acid battery?

I know here in the US as far as lead acid batteries go, that the battery used for electric trolling motors on small boats are always but always "Deep Cycle" batteries versus the standard lead acid starting battery. The Deep Cycle battery is made to discharge for a long time vs a starting battery requiring maximum amps discharge for a very short period of time.

I suspect even with the correct factory Lithium Ion battery, that the range on that big, heavy beast (which looks like it would be more at home with a small gas engine on it) is going to be very short. As in maybe 20 miles max. Charge time for your battery? I suppose it's not too bad as my own Haibike Yamaha 500wh batteries require some 4 hours or so to charge to full, if fully discharged.

By the way, that car is a Microlino, the electric powered reinterpretation of the old BMW Isetta. It is one cool, well thought out city car and I'd love to have one myself. Unfortunately at this time, there are no plans to bring the Microlino into the US. Sigh......

Why did someone convert to SLA?
Have you checked the fully charged voltage?
I’m of the opinion it’s a battery problem. 60V for 500w seems odd. But every SLA I owned, I started off messing with SLA powered scooters, were saggy and short on mileage compared to the 24V Li ion I built for them.

500w “219 lbs” and those tires have to be a failure at higher mileage.

Looking up your Daymak: https://www.daymak.com/offroad/beast-deluxe.html shows that it comes with a 60 volt, 22ah Lithium Ion battery. No clue as to what your range would be on the correct, specified lithium ion battery. Does Daymak recommend a lead acid battery or are there issues getting the correct li-ion battery to Greece? Is that a starting battery or is it a deep cycle lead acid battery?

I know here in the US as far as lead acid batteries go, that the battery used for electric trolling motors on small boats are always but always "Deep Cycle" batteries versus the standard lead acid starting battery. The Deep Cycle battery is made to discharge for a long time vs a starting battery requiring maximum amps discharge for a very short period of time.

I suspect even with the correct factory Lithium Ion battery, that the range on that big, heavy beast (which looks like it would be more at home with a small gas engine on it) is going to be very short. As in maybe 20 miles max. Charge time for your battery? I suppose it's not too bad as my own Haibike Yamaha 500wh batteries require some 4 hours or so to charge to full, if fully discharged.

By the way, that car is a Microlino, the electric powered reinterpretation of the old BMW Isetta. It is one cool, well thought out city car and I'd love to have one myself. Unfortunately at this time, there are no plans to bring the Microlino into the US. Sigh......
I appreciate your comments on this issue and wish to elaborate with more details.

Indeed the factory Beast Deluxe model either runs on Lithium-Ion battery OR Lead Acid for the 500Watt E-bike motor. Yeah there are differences between the two types of batteries as noted. Li-Ion costs more almost 800-1000€ (2 year warranty), but the discharge rate is relatively low as compared to the Lead Acid priced at 400€ (1 year warranty) which needs immediate charging after each use. In addition the level of the Lead Acid should not fall below 30% because this will ultimately kill the battery forever. The number of cycles for the Lead Acid is estimated at 300 whereas for the Li-Ion at 1500 cycles for the particular Beast model. By the way, the Deluxe model on Lead Acid Battery does NOT have an LCD display to measure the Lead Acid battery level as indicator, whereas the alternative Li-Ion model does have an LCD display panel to measure the Li-Ion battery level!

Indeed the Deluxe E-bike is heavy and robust for road maintenance and stability. The components for this bike such as forks, suspension, tyres are in excellent condition and design, NOT made in China!

Again the battery technician does not find any fault with the replacement Lead Acid Battery pack which contains (5) 12Volts separate units reaching a total 60Volts. I have been told that the Beast Deluxe will run at a maximum speed 50km/hr straight line, no cutoff wind or bumps or extra passenger.
Finally the battery technician reassured me that even the factory model with the original battery on it would not likely reach the 40km capacity because of the hard rocky soil conditions and/or the torque required to move the size/weight of this E-bike!

After (1) hour ride which should be almost 15-18km in duration, the E-bike is very weak and almost dead. It takes 6 hours to fully recharge the battery plugged in an AC outlet with the supplied battery charger. Just a reminder that the official Daymak factory brochure mentions 40-45km Battery Autonomy with an asterisk (*) which means there should be particular conditions as specified above for this maximum battery level capacity.

Again thanks for the comments and your remarks for the thread I just opened today.

It is another electric car and now I found out it is this Microlino 2.0 electric model

Last edited:
Back