48 volt vs 36 volt throttle, interchangeable?

opimax

Region
USA
City
Atlanta
Hi,

I am having electronic gremlins in my Bh easy motion Nitro. One of them is with the throttle if I power on the the bike with the throttle connected the PAS is very jerky. If started with power level set to 0 I get error code 17 and can only clear by turning off and starting its power level 1 or above.

Anyway the question is would the used EBay throttle work for my 48 volt Nitro if it came from 36 volt bike? It is not specifically mentioned in the sale where it came from

Generic throttles, three wires on the connector, are intended to be powered by a low voltage (5 volts) supply from the controller. It usually measures out around 4.3Volts. If you have a three wire throttle, they all interchange.

Some ebike throttles include power on/off buttons and displays for battery level. These are often calibrated for a specific voltage. WHile the thottle part will work, your voltage display may not be right, unless it's an actual numeric value,

These voltage doodads screw up people trying to replace throttles, They buy a differemt throttle and the wires won't match.

Hi,

I am having electronic gremlins in my Bh easy motion Nitro. One of them is with the throttle if I power on the the bike with the throttle connected the PAS is very jerky. If started with power level set to 0 I get error code 17 and can only clear by turning off and starting its power level 1 or above.

Anyway the question is would the used EBay throttle work for my 48 volt Nitro if it came from 36 volt bike? It is not specifically mentioned in the sale where it came from

Mark,

Remove and reconnect all the cables near the handlebar. (Throttle, brake cutoff etc)
I have seen this happen before and it is normally a loose connection. A friend of mine had the EVO City and whenever he turned on the bike, the bike would just accelerate on its own.
We just disconnected everything, cleaned and reconnected. The problem was gone.

Back