Display shows low battery when fully charged

FreddyL920

Region
USA
I love my Ancheer blue spark. ( I have the 350 watt model) For some reason, the display is only reading 1 bar ( low batter) even when the battery is fully charged.
Any ideas how to correct this ??

Thanks
Freddy

Are you checking the voltage at the battery after the charger says it fully charged? If not, maybe the charger or battery is faulty and the display is showing correct. Don't assume the display is incorrect without verifying the state of charge of the battery first.

Are you checking the voltage at the battery after the charger says it fully charged? If not, maybe the charger or battery is faulty and the display is showing correct. Don't assume the display is incorrect without verifying the state of charge of the battery first.
Good point, but the display on the battery itself show full, and I've rode the bike for quite some time for it to be on the last bar. So I believe that the display is faulty or getting a bad reading somehow

I would trust the LCD over the battery display, The latter is just a tiny 25 cent circuit board with some LED's. The only way to tell is with a third party measurement, your voltmeter,

If the display is right, you probably have to buy a new display. The bike's measuring circuit is inside it. .It probably shouldn't go bad, but maybe the LCD is damaged and those battery bars won't light up.

Last edited:
I'm thinking I've got a bad connection, or maybe the display needs to be recalibrating? But I'm guessing. It happened after changing the rear tire, which was a learn as I go project.

You can tell how much charge is in the battery by when the PAS assist kicks in. At full charge in PAS 1 the assist will start at about 8 mph, when the battery is near drained assist drops to around 6.5 mph. Unless they have changed the software in the LCD, one bar for the battery means the under voltage protect will soon shut everything down and you are pedaling back.

I'm thinking I've got a bad connection, or maybe the display needs to be recalibrating? But I'm guessing. It happened after changing the rear tire, which was a learn as I go project.
Mate I'm having the same problem just right after I changed my rear tire too., how did you fix yours?

Back