What size of rear axel is needed?

Nvreloader

Western Nevada
Region
USA
I need to get a rear axel on my Wart Hog MD 750 bike, it has the quick release type of axel now,
and I have to change it over to a solid 1 pc axel for towing a single wheel trailer.

Any suggestions or Ideas..........on what type to get?

Anyone towing a single wheel trailer, what's your thoughts on it?

Tia,
Don

I need to get a rear axel on my Wart Hog MD 750 bike, it has the quick release type of axel now,
and I have to change it over to a solid 1 pc axel for towing a single wheel trailer.

Any suggestions or Ideas..........on what type to get?

Anyone towing a single wheel trailer, what's your thoughts on it?

Tia,
Don
If it´s an axle mount trailer with a duel swing mount, I made mounting pieces attached to stays
above the axle with bolts passed thru titanium strap instead of the nuts for the quick release. I
hate axle mounts of any kind & consider them dangerous. They are also very inconvenient if you
have a tire issue. you need 2 nylock nuts for each bolt, one to lock the bolt to the strap & one
spaced out to accommodate the trailer hitch. PICT0002.jpg P.S. you can also find
20cm x 10mm axles online in ebay or amazon.

Last edited:
Thank you, John
I am looking at the single wheel trailers, very similar to the one you showing, I have found several like that,
so I believe that they are axle mounted, I have never seen one up close and personal, so I am NOT really sure.
It will have the arms that come around the rear wheel.

I am not following your concept for attachment, any chance do you have a good closeup photo?

The Information of my rear axel is as follows: 197 mm Hub Spacing Bearing, Quick Release,
it does not state the axel diameter or size. The front hub/axel is this: 15mm, 150mm Hub Spacing etc.

Thanks,
Don

Thank you, John
I am looking at the single wheel trailers, very similar to the one you showing, I have found several like that,
so I believe that they are axle mounted, I have never seen one up close and personal, so I am NOT really sure.
It will have the arms that come around the rear wheel.

I am not following your concept for attachment, any chance do you have a good closeup photo?

The Information of my rear axel is as follows: 197 mm Hub Spacing Bearing, Quick Release,
it does not state the axel diameter or size. The front hub/axel is this: 15mm, 150mm Hub Spacing etc.

Thanks,
Don
Yes, they are meant for axle mount; the one in pic has special mounts I´ve made. Unfortunately
Im having to use the axle mounts on my current project,(hybrid gas/electric bike), because there´s
no other way if I mount the 3 liter fuel reserve.

197mm is you hub width, your axle will be longer. The first thing you need to do is pull your current axle out and look at it. Quite often the size is printed right on it:

IMG_20210105_134040169.jpg

IMG_20210721_013331138.jpg

There you can see the total length, thread length and thread pitch. You can then go to here: https://robertaxleproject.com/?gcli...Rh46X-QQAwwz7D60mxObsZqaYTV1O5BoC814QAvD_BwE#

If the dimensions aren't written on the axle, you can measure them. I think there are instructions on the above site. Look through the kits they have for a compatible axle size. If you aren't finding something you think will work you can send them an email and they can usually help you out if you have the needed dimensions. For my E06, I was able to use one of their existing kits with an axle just slightly too long, simply using a 2mm washer to adjust the axle to the proper length.

Hi Jon A
Glad to hear from you, and thanks for the info. I'll pull the rear axel and see if that info is there,
I am looking for a good single wheel trailer to start learning on, hunting season is fast approaching.

Thanks,
Don

No,
I emailed Bikonit and they sent a couple of photo's showing where to attach the trailer too, single bolt hole on the left side. I want the thru axle etc.
Don

Vewlix
Thanks for the information.
But the trailer I will be using is a single rear wheel type, the attachment point HAS to be 2 sided (one on each side of the rear wheel), a 2 wheel trailer is useless for me, as I don't spend much time on flat ground. I am a AVID trail rider/hunter.
This trailer will be used to haul the minimum camp gear and meat out.

Here is an overhead look at what I am talking about, the wide trail is a 4WD road only, the 2 trails (11 O'clock and 3'clock are horse/cow trails), this view is on/at the top of the mountain range/ridge. (Clink on the link below.)

Most of the trails I ride on, are Cow/Feral horse/Wild Donkey trails, 12"-18" wide at most, these trails contour thru out the hills, and usually take the path of least resistance, to and from feeding/water sources etc.
These trail run for miles up/down ridges, I have one trail that is over 10 miles long, not counting on all the side spurs, that lead off into side canyons and other interesting spots. YMMV
Thanks,
Don

Sorry I can’t help. I did ask on the Robert Axel project and this is the replacement rear axle for the bike:-

Rear Axle

If you go on their website and live chat with them they are very helpful and will give you the correct axle information straight away.

Back