Battery Key

alloo

Region
USA
City
Albuquerque, NM
I broke one of my battery keys on my 2020 Blix Aveny. Today I went to lock smith and they sold me a toyota key made by Ilco . The key works fine.

I'm looking for a spare key for my Reention / Hailong battery case. Apparently, there are many different key configurations. I took the original to four different locksmiths and all said they can't get the proper key blank.

The only place I've found online is this one:

https://shop.m2sbikes.com/products/...B3sE0t1L6jQ40ls0DQOSVTwxhGJodawBoC5F0QAvD_BwE

At $35 each plus shipping, they aren't cheap. Has anyone bought from them or know of a different source?

There are plenty of lock & key sets available, mostly on eBay, but I need a specific key code to fit an existing lock.

Has anyone bought from them or know of a different source?
PM me!
Reention or Hailong? Have a key and new a blank, or?
Does your key have a number stamped on it?

There a thread here where I list the blanks needed.

PM me!
Hailong or Reention?
Do you have a key to copy? If yes is there a code number on the key? I bought a few of each if these blanks,

Easy peasy, but the silicon charge port caps are a nightmare to find...

FROM THE POST I USED TO PURCHASE BLANKS

eBay has a seller with complete keys and lock.

The blanks are used by other devices. If I remember correctly they were Honda blanks. But you need a working key for a locksmith to cut new keys.

On the left are dolphins that used a Honda blank, in this case, Hyko HD75 and the on the right is for a shark and we used a Toyota blank, in this case, a Cole T020.

i-fWV9dBS-X3.jpg

A little discussed fact is that there are only a certain amount of key cuts put out by the manufacturers per battery style. The shop I worked at for awhile had them all for HL types at least. Can't remember how many but only a small hand full. If someone lost their key you just had to go to that selection and try them til you got the one that worked.

PM me!
Hailong or Reention?
Do you have a key to copy? If yes is there a code number on the key? I bought a few of each if these blanks,

Easy peasy, but the silicon charge port caps are a nightmare to find...

FROM THE POST I USED TO PURCHASE BLANKS

eBay has a seller with complete keys and lock.

The blanks are used by other devices. If I remember correctly they were Honda blanks. But you need a working key for a locksmith to cut new keys.

On the left are dolphins that used a Honda blank, in this case, Hyko HD75 and the on the right is for a shark and we used a Toyota blank, in this case, a Cole T020.

i-fWV9dBS-X3.jpg

P1090423b.jpg

The profile of the Reention keys I have seem to match those of the Honda HD75 you posted.

My local Autozone does not have them in stock but they can be ordered via their website.

It would be ideal if I could find a lock core that would match either one of these. That way, I would only have to carry a single key.

Thanks for the information!!

Last edited:
I found these from Grin Tech in Vancouver. They are made for the lock on the Reention / Hailong battery case:

They appear to have the milling on the same side as Key #266 in my pic above.

Too many locksmiths must have gotten their training at hardware stores. Am experienced guy can cut a key just by looking at the scratch marks from putting a blank in a keyhole. I've seen it done.

I ordered the HD75 blanks from Autozone and had them cut locally. They work fine for the battery case lock. I didn't need the Toyota blanks.

The lock on the Hailong battery uses a different key with the milling slot on the opposite side, or a mirror image of the HD75 (key #266 in my pic above). I had to order blanks from Grin Tech in Vancouver. I had them cut locally and they also work perfectly.

I now have what I need and thanks for the information!

Back