Anyone using this Bafang light kit? BBSHD BBS02

Wow, I like that Thomas. Love the fact it's got a built in brake light and tee's off the 1/4 harness. That makes for a clean install that couldn't be much simpler. Would be a nice DIY project for a rainy day.

Thanks! Bookmarked! Will be ordering one soon to see how it goes. -Al

Last edited:
Mine is on the way. Looks pretty deeet to me. We’ll see…

I wonder how it's tapping current... The 1 to 4 cable is all low current control. Displays with a USB port is rated @ 500ma so you should be able to draw at least that.
I know LED's are efficient but the lights can't be very bright. Probably good enough as running lights.

I wonder how it's tapping current... The 1 to 4 cable is all low current control. Displays with a USB port is rated @ 500ma so you should be able to draw at least that.
I know LED's are efficient but the lights can't be very bright. Probably good enough as running lights.
From the website: Input Current: 40mA-60mA

Yes, assuming here it's getting it's power from the 1/4 Tee/tap.....

Running lights, and the brake light, really all I'm looking for. Anything beyond would be a bonus.

From the website: Input Current: 40mA-60mA

Yes, assuming here it's getting it's power from the 1/4 Tee/tap.....

Running lights, and the brake light, really all I'm looking for. Anything beyond would be a bonus.
More importantly the front light states 12w which can give you some indication of brightness.... Though it doesn't specify if that includes the horn.
It must be tapping full battery voltage going to the display to provide that much power. I guess it must be ok if the display can provide 500ma to the USB port as 12w is about half that @ 48v
Not sure how you get 12w drawing 40 - 60ma with the batteries voltage

Last edited:
Mine is on the way. Looks pretty deeet to me. We’ll see…
Hi tomjasz, did you setup your bafang light kit with the existing bafant bbs02/hd 6v light wire on the controller? How did it work out?

Hi tomjasz, did you setup your bafang light kit with the existing bafant bbs02/hd 6v light wire on the controller? How did it work out?
No. I wish Bafang had never done that. A 5V light is whimsy. I tap the battery lead and use a very bright Stvzo headlamp. But if you are a seldom night rider the Bafang option might be ok.

This light set is still in my to do box. Now that I don’t work customer support I can get this and other projects done.

No. I wish Bafang had never done that. A 5V light is whimsy. I tap the battery lead and use a very bright Stvzo headlamp. But if you are a seldom night rider the Bafang option might be ok.
Thanks, I was curious because I saw this thread where it seems like someone used the axa 50 lux head light and rear light right from that 6v .5a lead from the bbs02b controller.
https://electricbike.com/forum/foru...ts-for-bafang-mid-drive-kit?p=78733#post78733

I think I'm going to go with the solid state relay and tap into the battery. There's a detailed writeup here:
just need to figure out where to tap into the battery and where to hide the ssr and polyfuse / polyswitch

Can the 5v feed be used to drive a relay as an auto-on/off from the control and/or light sensor? The light would still need to be hard-wired to a battery, but I kinda like the auto-on of some displays…so wondering if someone’s done it already?

Can the 5v feed be used to drive a relay as an auto-on/off from the control and/or light sensor? The light would still need to be hard-wired to a battery, but I kinda like the auto-on of some displays…so wondering if someone’s done it already?
You can certainly use it to control a relay.
I didn't go that route as I also added a horn at the same time and wanted independent switches.

Finally installed the lights, but a temporary connection to run for a week or two before bolting and zip tieing. Works VERY well. Horn is a joke, more of an irritating buzzer. The brake light works consistently. the headlight is OK but sadly not Stvzo.

I'm happy enough to make the final installation.

Conhis is the best price. Sadly they increased price by $10!

1653926466480.png

I just used this light set (about $14 cad shipped) with the at 6v .5a lead from the bbs02b controller. Works really well and the lights can be turned on/off from my Bafang contoller! I'm happy with it for now, not as bright as the set posted above, but works well for illuminating the bike.

Attachments

• lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 188
Finally installed the lights, but a temporary connection to run for a week or two before bolting and zip tieing. Works VERY well. Horn is a joke, more of an irritating buzzer. The brake light works consistently. the headlight is OK but sadly not Stvzo.

I'm happy enough to make the final installation.

Conhis is the best price. Sadly they increased price by $10!

View attachment 124767

Look at you.... taking the easy way...
You changed cuz! 😝

I just used this light set (about $14 cad shipped) with the at 6v .5a lead from the bbs02b controller. Works really well and the lights can be turned on/off from my Bafang contoller! I'm happy with it for now, not as bright as the set posted above, but works well for illuminating the bike.
Not the same kit. But it’s good if you are happy!

Back