Old Timer Cruisin’

Rickman1

Region
USA
City
Aridzona
I retired over a year ago and the urge to ride a bike again hit me. Now that I’m older and out of shape I saw those new fangled things called ebikes. I did some research and decided I wanted something different than what most other people were riding. I’m at that age now where I’m not going to be running any road races or shredding the mountain bike trails. I wanted something to just cruise around on and get some exercise while doing it. I found that bike ( for me). The Soul Sonic Saber. I’m a big guy and I need a bike that will hold my weight and get me around. The Sonic Saber fit the bill. Big enough, strong enough with enough power to help me get where I want to go. It also has a unique look to it that doesn’t look like most of the other ebikes that are out there. I’m not a fan of the exposed blocky battery bikes that are widely available. They all look alike just different configurations. This one was designed by an ex bike racer. You can tell by the design and high end additions to the bike. It is a unique bike. I purchased the add-on performance package to have a higher end quality bike. A beach cruiser style bike that I can ride comfortably upright. The size is right and has enough power to move me right along. Oh, and the price is very reasonable considering what you are getting. Much, much less expensive than the major bike brand names. I saw their bikes and what they offered. I just couldn’t see spending that kind of money for a name and didn’t have what ‘I was looking for. For the quality and performance that the Soul Sonic Saber Pro offers I felt this was the best bike for me, enough so that I have placed an order for a 2nd one in a different color (I have a bike rack for 2 electric fat tire bikes and one side is empty, I also have OCD :) ). I might even purchase a smaller version for my sister. For something different at a decent price point I recommend checking out the offerings at Soul Beach Cruisers. He has some Hot Rod versions too.
A8B469C5-7874-4D7E-89BD-22315FD9FBA0.jpeg
B516A559-6F90-462A-A186-31CCEF4E7A23.jpeg

Attachments

• B2914496-2229-4B29-8ED5-D593BB3C3C5F.jpeg
    B2914496-2229-4B29-8ED5-D593BB3C3C5F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 282
  • E028030D-8F27-494B-88F8-BB5AFFE5CE4A.jpeg
    E028030D-8F27-494B-88F8-BB5AFFE5CE4A.jpeg
    793.1 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
I liked the red one so much I decided I needed a 2nd one for a backup :) I added an insulated bottle holder, a Cloud 9 seat, Ergon grips, accessory bar, ABUS Bordo 6000 Alarmed lock and a Road Runner California Burrito Handlebar Bag.

Blue SSP 3 small.jpg

Blue SSP 12 small.jpg

Last edited:
Back