Tire and fenders electra townie go 8i

Buzzit

I had 5 flat tires on only 700 miles of road and paved trails. I am not real happy with the stock tires and was wondering what would be a better replacement? I also have had a problem with the rear fender. The fender literally broke in half and was replaced under warranty. Also all the clips that hold the wire for the rear light have fallen off at one time or another Now the replacement fender has a small crack in it. It was suggested to me to put a smaller tire on to give more clearance between fender and tire. Any one know of what make and size of tire they would recommend

I had 5 flat tires on only 700 miles of road and paved trails. I am not real happy with the stock tires and was wondering what would be a better replacement? I also have had a problem with the rear fender. The fender literally broke in half and was replaced under warranty. Also all the clips that hold the wire for the rear light have fallen off at one time or another Now the replacement fender has a small crack in it. It was suggested to me to put a smaller tire on to give more clearance between fender and tire. Any one know of what make and size of tire they would recommend
I have had the rear fender split on me twice within a year. First time I took it to the shop where I purchased it. They did a warranty replacement. The second time I took it to a competing shop. We were thinking maybe the other shop was tightening it down too much. They did a warranty replacement and now it is too loose and driving me nuts! Anyone else had this problem? I am thinking I am going to get it tightened down and if it happens again just take the fenders off! Really irritating. I love the bike otherwise.

I have had the rear fender split on me twice within a year. First time I took it to the shop where I purchased it. They did a warranty replacement. The second time I took it to a competing shop. We were thinking maybe the other shop was tightening it down too much. They did a warranty replacement and now it is too loose and driving me nuts! Anyone else had this problem? I am thinking I am going to get it tightened down and if it happens again just take the fenders off! Really irritating. I love the bike otherwise.
How did you solve? I cracked two fenders on my loft, and now that I have an 8D with only 327 miles....imagine my surprise when the fender cracked!

Back