4/1 update on Shipping and delivery

pushkar

Previous Update here

Delivery dates :
Hydra
1. First batch of Frames are being painted. We hope to roll out the builds starting end of next week.
2. We received the fat tire rear triangles. They will be part of the builds.

Helios
1. A very limited batch of frames have shipped today AM (getting the first 6 or 7 that were produced this week, shipping whatever we can build every week). Original target was first week of April, but now tracking Mid April for frames to land in Boston. We will start confirming and rolling out as we get those.
2. Supernova lights have shipped! Yay.
3. Non founder orders will ship late May

Pricing - this is important. Please read. No, this is not an April fools joke :)
1. Pricing for all our existing component orders have gone up, considerably, and in some cases retroactively (motor, batteries, lights).
2. Shipping has gone up by nearly 60-100% in some cases. (We just paid ~$12k in shipping for something that was originally quoted at $4700).
3. Battery prices have gone up retroactively (meaning for orders that we commited to in late October). Our 5000-10,000 cell orders have gone from ~$2.8/cell to $4.1 / 4.2/cell. This means every pack we build will cost around $140 or so more. The alternative is to use no-name brand cells, but we are not comfortable with that setup.
4. We have re-calibrated the pricing on the site effective today.

So what does this mean for your order?
1. For founders -
- there is no change in price. We had the inventory for those bikes in Oct / Nov, including motors and cells.
- If there was a request for extra battery packs (over and above the 2 we allocated for), we will provide the updated battery pack invoice.

2. For Rest of the orders (Both Helios / hydra) placed after Jan 1st, 2021<-- important date
- We anticipate that avg price of the bike has gone up by $175 for most stock orders, to $350 or so where the order has multiple batteries, lights, hub changes, custom wheel sets etc.

This is a tough conversation to have, considering we haven't fully rolled out the bikes yet, but we want to try and get ahead of this right now.

This is a tough conversation to have, considering this is how we have been all this while (and haven't rolled out bikes yet)
... ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡

truck.gif

This is truly frustrating experience as a buyer (delays, price change etc), and we completely understand. We have tried our best to hold the line on any increases, and internally we have absorbed around 250 to 350 dollars in cost already). We want to have an honest conversation about these costs as we start rolling them out starting later next week.

Other items
1. Launched ATOM, an m600 based city commuter. Great riding characteristics. You can order one here : https://wattwagons.com/products/atom . We are doing the painting starting next week, and 3-seed hubs are coming in mid-late April. Delivery starts early May.

2. ATOM will be stock Bafang controller (500W) at this price point, we will add the new controller option in June / July, to take it up to 750W nominal (1100W peak).

Edit: clarified the price change effective date to Jan 1st, 2021.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up.

1. Good to know founders price is not increasing. Has been my worry all along. We need the frames though dude.. cant wait to start riding.

2. Delays are understandable. We have had better visibility from Watt Wagons than other vendors. Sucks that it is always delays, but atleast you are not disappearing with our money.

3. Price increases are happening across the board. At work we had shipments where delivery cost by the airlines jumped nearly overnight. What is interesting is that shipping cost from the US to Europe has decreased dramatically - planes are flying back "empty". Ha. What world we live in.

4. I am surprised you are even able to get cells to make batteries right now. I have spoken to a couple of other vendors, and their bikes are now shipping oct to December because they don't have any batteries - atleast no name brand batteries. Even the popular ones like Luna and Frey orders are potentially delayed due to battery pack availability (amongst other things)

Keep us posted. Atom looks fantastic. Sure to be successful at that price point and features.

Stay strong. You will get through this.

Previous Update here

This is a tough conversation to have, considering this is how we have been all this while (and haven't rolled out bikes yet)
... ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡

View attachment 83562

This is truly frustrating experience as a buyer (delays, price change etc), and we completely understand. We have tried our best to hold the line on any increases, and internally we have absorbed around 250 to 350 dollars in cost already). We want to have an honest conversation about these costs as we start rolling them out starting later next week.

Ha Ha.. that is funny. Totally describes how we have been so far.

Does the term 'Founder' in any way apply to Hydra purchasers who ordered at the time of the 'roll out' for this bike? I'm thinking not.

@reed scott The founders are the original Helios orders placed in Apr/ May 2020.

Ugh I missed an important detail. The price increase for hydra /helios is effective for orders placed after Jan 1st, 2021. I missed an important part of that. let me update the original post.

@reed scott The founders are the original Helios orders placed in Apr/ May 2020.

Ugh I missed an important detail. The price increase for hydra /helios is effective for orders placed after Jan 1st, 2021. I missed an important part of that. let me update the original post.
Pushkar, I ordered my Hydra in Nov. 2020. Personally I have no problem with a price increase. As much as I want my bike YESTERDAY ... I want and we all need for you to survive and do well into the future. Yeah we like you but we need you into the future and I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone why. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

I'm wondering how some of Helios buyers are classified @pushkar. The founders series had a round 2 and I ordered last June.. My receipt says Founders Series " Is there a Founders cutoff by order # ... The lines got kind of blurred last year
If orders are going out the door by order number is there a way to telegraph that by lots .. i.e.order 1011 thru 1025 are being processed next week etc..

Good point. Basically both round 1 and round 2 are covered at the moment. I also clarified that the price increase is effective Jan 1st, 2021.

one more and I'll be still...And this is picky I know but our original order asked only for Size and Wattage.. to date I've not been contacted for other choices .. Is this being done ad hoc as time and frames allow?... I'm OK with that just want to be sure I'm not missing something.. Thanks

Last edited:
@pushkar, I ordered a medium diamond frame for me and a small step-through for my wife. Do you have any idea when the small step-through frames will be built?

Pushkar,
I always appreciate that you hold yourself to a very high standard. Iโ€™m guessing however when the guys increased their prices on you there probably wasnโ€™t even a simple apology attached. The world has been turned upside down in the last year and you have consistently stood above the rest. I want you to know that I appreciate that. You have to stay in business which means you have to charge enough to make a profit. I know you will be fair and I am good with that.
Gary

What's the timeframe for the Large/Diamond frame @pushkar?
@pushkar could you provide an update on timeframe per frame size? It's great that you've provided an update on the medium diamond frame, but for those of us who have ordered a small, large or extra large, we're still in the dark (and there's been no mention of the step through frame).

Wednesday will mark one year since I pre-ordered and paid for the Helios in full. A more robust update would be appreciated.
If orders are going out the door by order number is there a way to telegraph that by lots .. i.e.order 1011 thru 1025 are being processed next week etc..
This is a good idea. We all know our order number, so this type of an update would be helpful.

Anyone looking for a good bike rack. My friend has these and they seem to be the best I have seen. The can carry bicycles up to 70lbs. Most racks are only rated to 50lbs.
I just ordered a set.

Anyone looking for a good bike rack. My friend has these and they seem to be the best I have seen. The can carry bicycles up to 70lbs. Most racks are only rated to 50lbs.
I just ordered a set.
This is the one I bought but am still awaiting delivery. Shipping time is like 5-6 weeks right now. I watched several YouTube reviews of it by a number of different people and they were overwhelmingly positive.

Yea but, when am I getting my Hydra? ๐Ÿ˜‰
You are talking a ~ 3 - 5% price hike, I can live with that.

Back