3G (GSM) technology in the USA is expected to be gradually discontinued starting January 2022.

Insider

Just got notifications from Stromer that the 3G network being shutdown in the US.

My Stromer dealer is 40miles away and my Stromer is out of warranty. I’m thinking of self installing. Does anyone know where the cellular module is? Under / In the OMNI? Or in the frame body next to the controller?

Just got notifications from Stromer that the 3G network being shutdown in the US.

My Stromer dealer is 40miles away and my Stromer is out of warranty. I’m thinking of self installing. Does anyone know where the cellular module is? Under / In the OMNI? Or in the frame body next to the controller?
Inside the OMNI. Basically, they will ship you a new OMNI.

Haven't received any notification from Stromer about this. How do I go about getting a new OMNI? (Did this a couple years ago when the 2G network shut down, but then I lived in a city with a better Stromer dealer.)

Haven't received any notification from Stromer about this. How do I go about getting a new OMNI? (Did this a couple years ago when the 2G network shut down, but then I lived in a city with a better Stromer dealer.)
Contact your local Stromer dealer. Apparently, they don’t need your bike. There’s activation involved, so you need to be the registered owner.

Contact your local Stromer dealer. Apparently, they don’t need your bike. There’s activation involved, so you need to be the registered owner.
Word from the only authorized Stromer dealer in AZ is that they'll need to replace the OMNI unit - same process as the 2G to 3G transition back in 2019. However, back then, Stromer set a single, all-in price for the new OMNI to include labor (and presumably reimburse shops that did it). Anyone know whether there's a similar deal going on this time or is everyone on their own with shop fees?

Here in the United States (NYC) I bought an ST5 and an ST3 for my wife and myself in October 2021. I spoke with Stromer and through my local dealer they are going to upgrade both bikes OMNI units. Because I purchased the bikes in 2021 it will be a free upgrade. Anyone who purchased between Jan. 1 2018 and Dec. 31 2020 Stromer offers a special price of $390 instead of the usual $649. If you bought the bike before 2018 and it has a monochrome display (Black and White) installed Stromer offers a special price of $390 as well.
In any scenario the dealer will need the bike because the OMNI unit is being replaced.

Here in the United States (NYC) I bought an ST5 and an ST3 for my wife and myself in October 2021. I spoke with Stromer and through my local dealer they are going to upgrade both bikes OMNI units. Because I purchased the bikes in 2021 it will be a free upgrade. Anyone who purchased between Jan. 1 2018 and Dec. 31 2020 Stromer offers a special price of $390 instead of the usual $649. If you bought the bike before 2018 and it has a monochrome display (Black and White) installed Stromer offers a special price of $390 as well.
In any scenario the dealer will need the bike because the OMNI unit is being replaced.
Does the $390 price include labor to install or is that up to the individual bike shop?

Does the $390 price include labor to install or is that up to the individual bike shop?
$390 is just the unit. It looks pretty easy to do with some snap ring pliers & 90 degree tips.

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 12.40.07 PM.png

Inside the OMNI. Basically, they will ship you a new OMNI.
Say, is there some activation that a Stromer dealer needs to do with the new LTE OMNI? Or will the new OMNI automagically knows the bike is mine?
Looks like Stromer is shipping the new OMNI directly to me.

I got a 4G OMNI unit from Stromer and want to replace it myself. I seem to remember seeing a YouTube video a while back showing how to do this, but now I can’t find it. Anyone have a recommendation for a good how-to video for replacing the OMNI C?

Back