Fast-charging the Revolution from hi-powercycles

Hannorichter

I have a question regarding fast-charging the 96V/28Ah battery packs for my Revolution bike from Hi-powercycles.

It would be awesome to be able to fast- charge the 96V battery (28Ah) from empty to full in less than 2h.
Does anyone know if I could use a level-1 EV charger made for cars, if I modify it with a plug that fits the charging cable of the bike battery pack ?
Level-1 chargers generally provide 1.5kW of charging power (16 amps) when connected to a 110V household outlet, so about 4-times as much power and charging speed compared to a cycle satiator made by Grin Technologies (4-5 amps for 96V battery pack, 350-400W maximum power) which I usually use for my battery packs.
Even better, one can buy a level-1 EV charger for about half the price of the $300 for a cycle satiator (e.g. $160 for a level-1 EV charger at WALMART).
According to the limited info I have, the level-1 chargers should adapt to the voltage of the battery which they are charging, so in theory should be able to charge the 96V battery pack.
My concerns and the reason I have not tried it are
1) that the voltage of an electric car battery is generally between 200-800V, so level-1 chargers are probably made for voltages higher than that of the Revolution battery, and I have no idea if I could fry any component.
2) the amperage (16A) of a level-1 EV charger may be too high for the BMS of the Revolution battery. Or the relatively thin cable that puts the charging current into the battery might get too hot.

Still, I was wondering if anyone already had the same idea and maybe successfully tried to use a level-1 charger, or if you know someone who did, or if you know an alternative 1.5 kW fast charger available for the Revolution ?

I did some research and am replying to my own question here: Unfortunately it seems that so far there are no readily available options for fast-charging 96V battery packs with an affordable, portable charger. My idea to use a Level-1 car charger will not work, because these (and the more powerful level-2 chargers) provide alternating current, not direct current. It would be a very bad idea to connect them directly to a battery pack.

I did some research and am replying to my own question here: Unfortunately it seems that so far there are no readily available options for fast-charging 96V battery packs with an affordable, portable charger. My idea to use a Level-1 car charger will not work, because these (and the more powerful level-2 chargers) provide alternating current, not direct current. It would be a very bad idea to connect them directly to

Ha ! Again I am replying to my own posts, seems ther is not too much activity on this forum.
I found a fast charger (96.6V, 10A, 900W !!!) for an awesome price of $109 on Aliexpress.com.
This is the first time I try this website. Had some issues with my payment going through, but after calling my credit card company it worked. It's a chinese product and I'll see if I understand their instruction manual if there is any. Shipping will take several weeks. Let's see what happens. I'm excited.

Back