Is the R15C throttle limit to 45 kph because of reduced W? Can the throttle speed limit be increased?

dmark

It looks like Watt Wagons are reduced to 750W for throttle to save the IGH according to the subforum here.

The Optibike R15C has Rohloff IGH plus chain and is described as nominal 1650W and peak 2500W. I don't see anything about a reduction for throttle other than top speed (28 mph, 45 kph) according to the EBR review.

Is the R15C throttle limit to 45 kph because of reduced W?

My Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra has a speed limit (50 kph) that can be increased.

Can the throttle speed limit on the R15C be similarly increased?

Thanks.

I thing that speed limit is only for street legal mode.
The site mentions Road legal class 2 in power modes 1,2,3 but there are 5 power modes and the site says the max speed is 36mph.
Given this is a throttle only bike, I assume it means that in modes 4 and 5 you can go 36mph on throttle.

Now if they would only put a torque sensing pedal assist on that bike! :)

Last edited:
I thing that speed limit is only for street legal mode.
The site mentions Road legal class 2 in power modes 1,2,3 but there are 5 power modes and the site says the max speed is 36mph.
Given this is a throttle only bike, I assume it means that in modes 4 and 5 you can go 36mph on throttle.

Now if they would only put a torque sensing pedal assist on that bike! :)
Thanks, I didn't read the review carefully:
" There was a bit of confusion for me, seeing PAS on the display and thinking that the bike had pedal assist, but really it’s just power levels for the throttle. "

Back