What Shops Work on This Bike?

nf94

I am the type of person to just figure out mechanical problems as I go with my non-e-bikes, but I expect to encounter more problems that I'm less versed in over the course of owning ebikes. I understand that owning Trek or Arrow bikes, there is a large ownership base in the US, so there are plenty of shops in areas with those bikes to service them.

Flash ebikes seem to be pretty straightforward about the way they sell replacement parts, which is part of why I chose them. I figure I could troubleshoot and replace many of these parts. Still, what if I run into a problem I cannot deal with myself or need the bike fixed in a shorter timeframe? How have other Flash owners figured out solutions to getting work on their bike?

I've had a few bike shops near my work and home say that they don't know about this bike and would not work on the electrical issues. One said they will not touch the bike and the others said they could replace the tubes and do some basic maintenance.

Flash's website claims that they will either send you to a shop ready to deal with their bikes or send a mobile mechanic who is trained to do the work. Has anyone used either of these options? How difficult is it? It would be nice if they had a list of the shops ready to service their bikes and more detail about the mobile mechanic process.

I've had a few bike shops near my work and home say that they don't know about this bike and would not work on the electrical issues. One said they will not touch the bike and the others said they could replace the tubes and do some basic maintenance.

Flash's website claims that they will either send you to a shop ready to deal with their bikes or send a mobile mechanic who is trained to do the work. Has anyone used either of these options? How difficult is it? It would be nice if they had a list of the shops ready to service their bikes and more detail about the mobile mechanic process.
Is there any update to this post? Mobile mechanic or a shop that will work on these bikes?

REI will work on any brand of bike. However like most shops they won’t deal with electrical problems unless it is a brand they sell. (Bosch, Shimano, Specialized).

Finding someone to work on electrical problems on an ebike can be a challenge. Best bet is to call around until you find someone willing to do the work. (Or get a referral from the manufacture/importer)

Back