Advice for Seattle Commuting E Bike

Tupac

Am new to e bike and looking for model under $2500 that I can use for about a 7 mile one-way commute in all weather conditions, with some space for light cargo. Would want a throttle Class 2. Am 5'10" and 160lbs, fairly fit for one year shy of Medicare.

Any advice would be appreciated. Fenders a must.

You don't need throttle with a good torque sensing mid drive. Turbo Vado 4.0 is on sale for 2485 after rebate. Test ride now at Greggs or a local shop if you can, buy before they go off sale, thank me later.

A mid drive without throttle will deal with Seattle hills much better than a rear hub motor with throttle. Go to Gregs and test ride as many bikes as you can.

Don't skip on battery with Seattle hills either. I wouldn't go less than 500wh. You could probably get by with a 400wh battery but gives you a lot more flexibility and peace of mind with hills to have more battery. I have a monster hill at the end of my ride. It easily sucks up 100wh and it's not good to drain the battery too low so I'm always making sure I have enough juice to make it home with at least 20% left.

Back