Lucky Goldstar Battery = LG Battery?

arcom

The battery on my mountain bike is labeled Lucky Goldstar. Would that be an LG battery?
TIA

Allow me to slightly modify the name: it's LUCKY GOLDSTARS, plural. Thanks to @Thomas Jaszewski for the Wikipedia link which does indicate Lucky Goldstar (not Goldstars) evolved into LG, but it was over 20 years ago that the corporate name change occurred. I'm probably overthinking this, but a prior experience with power packs supposedly containing Samsung bats ended up with UltraFire 18650 bats which the vendor in China said were "better than Samsung." See attached pic of the Lucky Goldstars battery.

Lucky Goldstars.jpg

UltraFire 18650
Pure garbage! Often rewrapped Chinese. Or class A rejects rewrapped. One Chinese company openly sells shrinkwraps printed with top name makers.

Typical China rip off! Copy a name with a slightly different company name on the label.

I missed the change to plural...

I've always done a careful search before buying a battery. So far I've had ten batteries and no failures.

Last edited:
Pure garbage! Often rewrapped Chinese. Or class A rejects rewrapped. One Chinese company openly sells shrinkwraps printed with top name makers.

Typical China rip off! Copy a name with a slightly different company name on the label.

I missed the change to plural...

I've always done a careful search before buying a battery. So far I've had ten batteries and no failures.
Thanks for your info. I've attached a full-view pic of the battery in question. The battery is new and came with a bike from a vendor very much respected by 95%+ of those customers who've voiced an opinion, both here and at other places, like Amazon reviews. The label itself is identical in terms of size, coloring, format, etc. to the labels on other batteries, save that the others were imprinted "Samsung" with a different bar code.

I'm aware of the prolioferation of Chinese knock-off batteries. I would not be surpeised, either, if it turned out the batery is 100% correct, as is the label. Obviously, LG itseld did not assemble this battery pack. Some techie-dude who likely was not proficient in English probably thought the label looked fine, after he or she saw to it that the LG batteries were installed properly.

Attachments

• Lucky Goldstars FULL.jpg
    Lucky Goldstars FULL.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 583
Last edited:
Thanks for your info. I've attached a full-view pic of the battery in question. The battery is new and came with a bike from a vendor very much respected by 95%+ of those customers who've voiced an opinion, both here and at other places, like Amazon reviews.
Amazon ratings can be unreliable. I get emails suggesting I do a positive review and the Chinese company pays me back for the purchase. Please google CHINESE SELLERS ON AMAZON. Scam!

LG makes cells, not batteries. Good luck with your Lucky Goldstar. I'm not saying it's bad or good, but I am dubious that they would put in LG cells without bragging about it.

I bought an inexpensive ebike on amazon. I don't know what's inside, but the bike is a year old this month. Getting 30+ miles out of the pack. Can't complain.

LG makes cells, not batteries. Good luck with your Lucky Goldstar. I'm not saying it's bad or good, but I am dubious that they would put in LG cells without bragging about it.

I bought an inexpensive ebike on amazon. I don't know what's inside, but the bike is a year old this month. Getting 30+ miles out of the pack. Can't complain.
The seller certainly alludes to the battery being made with LG components and this is mentioned prominently in their web site. Also, I didn't buy it through Amazon, but directly from their web site. They do sell through Amazon as well.

Well that's good that the seller says he uses LG cells. My last battery, I requested the seller use LG or Samsung, and they did it for added cost. Did I look inside? No.

No worries, DJ has used Samsung in the past, and if they have some now that they say are LG I would believe them. I have 3 batteries from them for my 2018 MTB and they all work great. Approaching 2500 km now. If the cells are not as advertised it would be the Manufacture's fault I'm sure, not DJ-bikes.

No worries, DJ has used Samsung in the past, and if they have some now that they say are LG I would believe them. I have 3 batteries from them for my 2018 MTB and they all work great. Approaching 2500 km now. If the cells are not as advertised it would be the Manufacture's fault I'm sure, not DJ-bikes.
I agree. DJ- bikes would not bear the responsibility if they were sold fraudulent batteries unless of course they were aware of it.

Back