EG ATHENS 350DX ISSUES

Ken G.

I was not aware of this forum when I placed 4 problems / questions on the EBR "General" forum relative to seeking answers based on the lack of and incorrect information, and different operations, of the 2 EG Athens 350DX bikes that I bought…

Brief history of my experience: My wife and I have been biking for most of our lives but we are new to electric bikes. We bought two EG Athens 350DX e-bikes a few weeks ago. I was unable to read the small print in the user manual that came with the bike so I reached out to the EG support group and they sent me a PDF copy.

After comparing the PDF User Manual to our ebikes actual operation, I found the manual to be totally incorrect in that a lot of statements for this bike’s functions/options, DID NOT work or were totally different for my bikes, and from the way my bikes came programmed to work… In addition to being incorrect in so many ways, the manual also DID NOT address a large number of items/topics relative to the bikes specifications and operation...

I reached out again to the EG support group, and they did answer some of my questions. Thank You However, EG could not, or would not answer all of my questions, and when I ask again, EG Support told me that, and I quote: “no one in the ebike industry depends on Specifications and/or User Manuals”, ”nor does a bike shop need this”…

In “My Opinion”, and based on their 2/28/2020 reply, if you are the designer and purchaser of these bikes from a manufacture who you have contracted and provided specifications to, for your product, WHY do you not have all the information, programming, and specification from your supplier??? Why would you not prioritize your customer’s needs, and if you don’t have the information in hand, then demand it from your supplier…

My impression from this, as well as EG's prior responses, leads me to believe that they do not care about any Incorrect Information or Missing Information in their User’s Manuals.

On 3/01/2020, I provided a marked up copy in red of their Athens 350DX User Manual, and I have yet to receive any response from EG since their 2/28/2020 reply… EG also has never suggested that I return my bikes to the shop to have them corrected…

I am not only surprised and disappointed with this response from EG Bikes, as many other ebike manufactures (like the Lectric XP ebike, owned by a neighbor, which is much less expensive) provide a much more detailed User Manual that includes the extensive setup and programming of the Controller/LCD System, which is what I am looking for...

Has anyone else had the same level of difficulty with the User Manual for the EG Athens 350DX??? Or other EG User Manuals??? And/or has anyone else experienced the same “lack of answers” (Extremely Poor Customer Service – my opinion) from the EG support group???

If anyone has any information on how one can program the operations and options of the Controller / LCD System on this bike, I would appreciate any and all information.

Peace, and Thank You, Stay well & Germ Free KenG

Last edited:
Back