FLX Blade 2.0

TomD

The FLX Blade 2.0 has been mentioned in a few other EBR threads but it probably deserves its own thread in the FLX forum. Looks really nice. Integrated 52V battery in frame. Rohloff IGH with Gates Carbon Belt Drive. List price is $6K but it's currently available for pre-order at $5K with April 2020 delivery. I think this is the first ebike with Rohloff IGH to break the $5K barrier.

Edit: price raised.

Last edited:
I agree particularly relative to the original blade which feels a bit overpriced in comparison.

Have you tried a different browser? Does the direct link above to the Blade 2.0 work?

Try your phone browser? My guess is over zealous antivirus software on your computer.

Hmmm... did the pre-order price go up after they posted the pics? Pretty nice bike for sure.

Was it cheaper than 5K originally? I was looking at it before they got pictures up and I don't recall the price being different than it is now.

Hmmm... did the pre-order price go up after they posted the pics? Pretty nice bike for sure.

I know they did that when they introduced their revised Trail model recently. Bumped it a couple hundred bucks about a week after it was announced via their mailing list.

Anyone pull the trigger on this? I’m looking for an all purpose bike and this fits the bill quite nicely. If only it had full suspension it would be perfect.

Looks like FLX got one of their Blade 2.0s. A screen capture from one of the videos in their facebook users group.

1581473349519.png

One thing I’m concerned by is the 1 year warranty. With this being a new model and unique frame engineering required to pull of the belt drive I hope there aren’t any frame issues in the long run.

One thing I’m concerned by is the 1 year warranty. With this being a new model and unique frame engineering required to pull of the belt drive I hope there aren’t any frame issues in the long run.

Wonder if a 3 year Square Trade warranty would cover this? Pricey, but..

Back